That's why I posted the request for someone to do a Lexis search for cases related to this issue. It seems to me there have been some challenges - the last I heard was actually someone coming into the country with a fairly substantial number of Cubans and they were seized by Customs. If I recall correctly, his challenge was that possession was not illegal. I don't know if the case was resolved, but if I remember correctly, there were a number of legal minds who believed he had a solid case...

As far a possession in your home, I have NEVER heard of any law enforcement entity showing up as someone's house and seizing their collection of Cuban cigars. There's too many other bad things out there that deserve FAR more attention (drugs would be a good start). I've heard of inviduals that have openly and notoriously sold Cubans, LOTS OF CUBANS, that have been busted and their stock seized, but those are extreme cases.

I'm still of the understanding that the mere possession of Cuban cigars is not illegal. Buying, selling and trading would be - but one would have to really be a bonehead to get arrested for it. After all, how do they get away with selling them on the Yahoo! and eBay auction sites?

The absolute worst I've heard is confiscation and a stern scolding, unless you really want to go do jail and flaunt it in the face of the government...