Thread: Gift Cigars

Default Gift Cigars

So I got a crapload of cigars for Xmas, my problem is I don't really like any of them. My humidor is now to capacity, so I can't get anything else until I get rid of what I have. Unless anyone likes Don Kiki's or Vegas, I don't really know what to do with them. Suggestions?
    End of line.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWidow
    So I got a crapload of cigars for Xmas, my problem is I don't really like any of them. My humidor is now to capacity, so I can't get anything else until I get rid of what I have. Unless anyone likes Don Kiki's or Vegas, I don't really know what to do with them. Suggestions?
    Throw them in an old cigar box, new tupperware container or ziplock bag. Add inexpensive humidity. Water Pillows last a few weeks and run about 50 cents each. Cotton balls hold distilled water well for 3-7 days at a time depending on your temperatures. Plastic humidifiers are very inexpensive too. This is only if you plan on one day smoking them at all.

If not, possibly offer up a trade with someone for something comparible. What kind of Don Kiki's are they anyway? Or, you could donate them to a homeless shelter to free up some space for what you really want occupying your humidor.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders
    Throw them in an old cigar box, new tupperware container or ziplock bag. Add inexpensive humidity. Water Pillows last a few weeks and run about 50 cents each. Cotton balls hold distilled water well for 3-7 days at a time depending on your temperatures. Plastic humidifiers are very inexpensive too. This is only if you plan on one day smoking them at all.

If not, possibly offer up a trade with someone for something comparible. What kind of Don Kiki's are they anyway? Or, you could donate them to a homeless shelter to free up some space for what you really want occupying your humidor.
    I have some green, red, and brown ones. I think I was given a cuban crafters sampler.
    End of line.

bigpoppapuff Guest

i'm surprised you don't like the DK browns...they're a very tast cigar and very nicely priced.....

water pillows,btw,are re-usable...

5. Default

They're not bad to keep around for people that don't smoke.

I have a bunch of stuff in my humi that's too mild for me, but if I have someone over that doesn't really smoke, I can break it out.

water pillows,btw,are re-usable...[/QUOTE]

I did not know that, BPP. Thanks- you really do learn something new every day. How many times can they be reused?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    They're not bad to keep around for people that don't smoke.

I have a bunch of stuff in my humi that's too mild for me, but if I have someone over that doesn't really smoke, I can break it out.
    That's exactly what I intended to do, but the problem is the space they take up. And it would take forever to hand them all out.
    End of line.

Newbie BOOMS!

bigpoppapuff Guest

How many times can they be reused?

if they refill okay...you can continue to use them.....little known fact.....

Try the DK Browns if you havn't already. I had one batch of these that was pretty good, and another batch that was mediocre. The reds and greens are nothing special. Just an economy bundled cigar. Good for smoking while mowing grass, grilling, handing out at picnics, handing out at poker games, etc. You can snub one half finished and not feel bad about it. I gave someone a Casa Torano New Years Eve and he put it out after three or four puffs. I winced a bit. Many times addicted cigarrette smokers like the look of a cigar, but can't handle the flavor and not inhaling. They also don't get the nicotene rush they crave. They'll put it out in favor of another cigarette in short order.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth
    Try the DK Browns if you havn't already. I had one batch of these that was pretty good, and another batch that was mediocre. The reds and greens are nothing special. Just an economy bundled cigar. Good for smoking while mowing grass, grilling, handing out at picnics, handing out at poker games, etc. You can snub one half finished and not feel bad about it. I gave someone a Casa Torano New Years Eve and he put it out after three or four puffs. I winced a bit. Many times addicted cigarrette smokers like the look of a cigar, but can't handle the flavor and not inhaling. They also don't get the nicotene rush they crave. They'll put it out in favor of another cigarette in short order.
    Hehe, when I was smoking cigarettes, it was HARD to smoke a cigar! You have concentrate on not inhaling the smoke and the minute you lose your concentration, COUGH COUGH COUGH!

Thread Information