Thread: Cuban Oil

Default Cuban Oil

CUban Oil Link

Ok so in 2001 we started allowing Cuba to purchase food from the US, now there is talk about oil. Can cigars be far behind? Would this fuel a cigar boom such as we had in the '90's?

Blog Entries

No and no.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    No and no.
    why do you say that? if your going to make a statement like that atleast back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohiba 4
    why do you say that? if your going to make a statement like that atleast back it up.
    Must be a pre-Spring thaw or something. All of the asswipe idiots have been coming out of their caves the last couple of days
    Last edited by slcraiders; 02-02-2006 at 07:03 PM.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cohiba 4
    Back it up?? with what Facts ,or 6'02' 265 back it up? I belive any member here can make a statement without being questioned by some damn newbie . My answer is no and no. Most people new to a place usually shut the fuck up and watch and learn and interact with the general population ,others are just dumasses. Choose wisely

Kevin7
    The older I get ,the better I was

Question

I have 2 votes for no and no. From FOG's... and a curious plea for facts from yet another newb...

My take would be eventually and maybe. Castro will eventually die of old age. And talks will begin about opening up trade with the US. Income from the sale of goods to the largest consumer market, with availible cash, temps everyone and the profit potentials will eventually cause Cuban to cave on US demands. But this won't happen until Castro is no longer in power.

When the US market opens to Cuban cigars, there will be a renewed intrest in cigars especially those from Cuba. Will this be enough interest for a full on boom like the one in the 90's, maybe.

Thanks for the replies from the FOG's

I quote Top Gun and say "Negative Ghostrider the flight pattern is full." Unless there is a serious revolution in Cuba when Castro dies one of his son's will take over and from what is known about them they appear as bad or worse than their father. The Government in Cuba will remain communist and thus the embargo will continue. I don't see an end to the situation for quite some time maybe before I die or maybe not, I'm 25 by the way. So my answer is the same as CC's and Kevin7's, no and no.

Oh and Cohiba just a word of advice don't be an

I was just in Cuba and talked with a number of locals on what they thought might happen when castro dies. Some said they are training gorilla tactics and will start a revolution when he dies. Some say his younger brother will take over. And others say USA may attack as well. One thing is for sure, no Cuban's have any idea of what is going to happen when he dies... Not even Castro himself. Communism could die along with Castro...

Quote Originally Posted by tedwj
    Can cigars be far behind? Would this fuel a cigar boom such as we had in the '90's?

But uhm, in regards to your question... No and no.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    I was just in Cuba and talked with a number of locals on what they thought might happen when castro dies. Some said they are training gorilla tactics and will start a revolution when he dies. Some say his younger brother will take over. And others say USA may attack as well. One thing is for sure, no Cuban's have any idea of what is going to happen when he dies... Not even Castro himself. Communism could die along with Castro....
    Gorilla tactics include a lot of chest pounding, charging, and grunting?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    Gorilla tactics include a lot of chest pounding, charging, and grunting?
    And flinging of poo!

Thread Information