Thread: Quick Question

Default Quick Question

OK so i was wondering what makes Cuban cigars better than cigars originating from somewhere else in the world?
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but i'm new at this

TheyCallMeManiX Guest

i dont pretend to be an expert and im sure there is more than one answer but for one, the potassium in the soil is so high that it aids in giving the leaves a distinct taste/flavor. or at the very least, helps them grow well. again, i may be wrong but that what i keep reading.

someone more experienced will be along to give a more detailed explanation

hope its enough to tie you over for now . . . is it tie or tide? i never know. sorry lol

3. Default

I'm one of those that finds your question to be correctly stated (according ONLY to my own personal taste though). I'm not sure you'll get many responses because the way you stated your question, it's kind of loaded...

There are plenty that feel that Cubans are inferior for multiple reasons. The one thing that does puzzle me is why so many producers outside of Cuba put emphasis on stating their leaf comes from Cuban seed? But that's a different drama series.

What ever your preference, different regions produce differing products. Fiji apples are not the same as American apples. Some prefer one over the other. If Fiji apples were illegal in the US there might be some appeal similar to that of Cuban cigars. That's a major part of the allure.

In other words it's somewhat a DEMAND issue to couple with the "so much better than" viewpoint or issue. In some ways I envy those who think a $3-5 Dominican or Nicaraguan is better than a typical $10 Cuban.

Blog Entries

Kind of hard to give a short answer to this question but Cuban tobacco tastes like nothing else in the world. Many have tried to imitate it, they have all failed!!

I love the taste of Cuban tobacco BUT I don't restrict my cigar smoking to Cuban cigars only.

Cuban cigars are also known for superior construction, draw and burn on top of their unique taste.

I hope this helps.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Wtf? Bill, have you been drinking again? Why are you pulling up 5 month old posts?

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeManiX
    i dont pretend to be an expert and im sure there is more than one answer but for one, the potassium in the soil is so high that it aids in giving the leaves a distinct taste/flavor. or at the very least, helps them grow well. again, i may be wrong but that what i keep reading.

someone more experienced will be along to give a more detailed explanation

hope its enough to tie you over for now . . . is it tie or tide? i never know. sorry lol
    i thought it was the lithium content

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grand cru no 2
    Wtf? Bill, have you been drinking again? Why are you pulling up 5 month old posts?
    Because I saw him lurking on the board, looked up "posts by Lowerider" found this one and figured I could add something intellignet as opposed to the shit posted by TheCallMeRacist.

LoweRider is a legit new member looking for answers and information. He's obviously not a troll like fpdoc or the spammers we're exposed to from time to time.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 02-04-2006 at 01:05 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    i thought it was the lithium content
    LMAO!! TCMM needs as much lithium as he can get his hands on!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

bigpoppapuff Guest

cc posted and is hereby charged with a mius 2 raisins for mis-spelling a word...

intellignet

sorry bill,i'm sure you'll get 'em back...

Isn't there some kind of process in place that if you slip to -15 raisins you're automatically banned??? I heard that somewhere...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    cc posted and is hereby charged with a mius 2 raisins for mis-spelling a word...

sorry bill,i'm sure you'll get 'em back...
    Well, that's the breaks in aardvark land.. You're right Sid, I just have to keep my head up and raisins will come my way.

Oh and misspelling is NOT hyphenated so -1 raisin for you!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information