Thread: Nascar Sunday March 20

Default Nascar Sunday March 20

Atlanta Motor Speedway, The Golden Corral 500

Should be a great race. Can't say I know where to place my bets on this one...you can never tell in Atlanta.

Ryan Newman has taken the pole in the past 4 races in Atlanta, but has never taken a checkered flag. Could this be his race?

Dale Jr. took this race last year, but he's having a tough season so far. I think he's not in the running for a win....but good chance of a top 5 if he's got a solid car and can keep from wrecking

Still holding out for my favorite rookie Kasey Kahne to take win somewhere along the way...i place him at least in the top 10 barring crashes....probably top 5.

Kyle Busch is another rookie to watch out for, he finished second in Vegas last week edging out his big brother ( the Cup Champ ) who took third.

Anyone have any favorites?

Qualifying is on Friday Night on Speed.

I'd really like to see Mark Martin win this weekend, but I'd settle for any of the Rousch cars (or anyone that isn't Dale Jr. or a Hendrick car). Kind of torn about Kyle Busch. I think he's a good guy and has a ton of talent, but if he stays with Hendrick he'll end up a crybaby like Gordon and Johnson. Think it's pretty funny that all the Hendrick teams got fined, lost a bunch of points, and got their crew chiefs suspended for having illegal spoilers last week.

i agree...their only bitch was that they got caught.....not a word about the fact that they were actually breaking the rules.

How bout them Rousch cars!! I thought Jimmy Johnson was going to win another one, but Ford power comes through in the end. That was a hell of a finish.

Great finish....Edward's deserved the checkered flag for that one. The only way Jimmie Johnson could have beat him was to run him into a wall or something. I love seeing races like that.

Thread Information