Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pass Across America (offical thread)

Was more of a curiosity, sorry if it came across threatening or such. Yall know words dont make it from my mind to the keyboard in the right way sometimes.

2. Default

I meant perdomo
    "Sure, after a meal there is nothing like a good cigar." Blondie says to Tuco in acknowledging the lie he told about his Brother.
    The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Cool, Those perdomo squares are very nice. The "seconds" I'v tried are about worth puking over though may have just been the ones I tried though.

4. Default

Still pretty sick the package will go out tomarrow.
    "Sure, after a meal there is nothing like a good cigar." Blondie says to Tuco in acknowledging the lie he told about his Brother.

This weather will make anyone feel like crap. Dont know if its like that down your way but its been alternating between hot and cold the last few days here.

6. Default

Package has been mailed DC 03040370000049717333 I put ina note pad and I described the two pictures I took. They are a picture of the school book depository where Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK from and a picture of the Grassy Knoll over looking the place where he was shot. I placed in a CAO Soprano's the Associate in there to go along with the idea that the mob had some hand in his death.

Sure thats the right number, comes up on their site as no record?

8. Default

That was the number given I will call the store tomarrow and make sure that it has been sent.

9. Default

The tracking is working now I guess my post office was a little slow.

10. Default

DC is generally useless for tracking. It takes a day or so to get into the system, then it just says "Electronic Pickup Scheduled" until it arrives.

11. Default TheSilentChamber

Since you're calling out people publically, my response is going to be public.

You need to relax with this pass buddy. Frankly I don't like the way you're treating the new guy Spocimp, he seems like a good guy and is doing everything he should be doing.

You're coming across as being very strict, impatient and untrustworthy in this pass thus far.

The way you're running this pass is going to also SET the PRECEDENT for newbies here at cigarsmokers who have never participated in one before. This is my biggest concern as of now about the direction this pass is going.

Typically passes are not run in this manner, and before jumping off the handle about "DC #'s" please take the time to really understand how they work TSC.

In some cases the DC # isn't always electronically sent to the post office right away, and I have seen in cases the DC # doesn't show up until a day or two later (when in fact its already been sent).

There are other cases (since they reuse DC #'s) that the DC # will have "old information" (ie: showing it's already been delivered to Vegas when it should have been delivered to Texas) and not be accurate either.

Bottom-line, DC #'s are not 100% accurate and in no way should "looking them up" and not seeing the information you're expecting to be any reflection on the person sending them (in this case Spocimp).

Please calm down, trust your fellow BOTL who are participating, and allow people to actually have some fun with this. A small fraction of running a pass is following the rules, but there's much more to it: making new friends on the board, trying new cigars...etc.

Thanks for listening.

I never fucking called him out on anything, I asked if that was the right tracking number. I didnt say "well the tracking number didnt show up so you must not have sent it" Yall are the ones that need to fucking calm down, every thread I post in people are acusing me of shit that I never did.

13. Default

Oh really, you don't think so:

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber to Spocimp
    So where you at buddy? Did you mail them? Or have you disapeared all together with a free camera and two cigars?
    One, that was a pretty rude assumption to make and two, PM the person instead of calling them out publically. Bad form, no biscuit for you.

---

You continue to harp on the guy and show little trust for him:

Quote Originally Posted by TSC
    Sure thats the right number, comes up on their site as no record?
    Again, you could have taken that to PM -or- asked someone here, or even the post office how DC #'s work. You were already TOLD earlier by others NOT to do this. Your ignorance towards DC #'s is only making you look foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by TSC
    Yall are the ones that need to fucking calm down, every thread I post in people are acusing me of shit that I never did.
    Interesting, so it's NOT just ME making accusations towards you? Maybe you should take a "reality check" and re-evaluate your attitude/posts towards the members of this board.

---

My statement isn't just about the tracking number TSC, but your attitude towards this pass in general. Personally I think it sucks and you're setting a bad example about how a Cigar Pass is supposed to be run. I will give you credit that you're representing your member title as 'Former Communist Dictator' quite well.

Start treating these guys with the respect they deserve (Spocimp has definitely shown he does). Why you'd even start a pass in the first place and show your "distrust" like you have is beyond me. If you are in doubt about something, take it to PM and not call them out publically...
    Last edited by godfather; 02-17-2006 at 03:20 PM.

bigpoppapuff Guest

excuse me...you did call him out...not once, but twice...and in both cases it should have been handled via pm......

so far,the only person who's getting pissy seems to be you...heed what was stated previously....and don't get all pissy yourself when someone says something to you...

I'v done said I wasnt calling him out in the first post you quoted. And the second one you quoted was a logical question. I do know how DC#'s work, and I was asking if he posted the right one.

Its kinda funny that the only people who have said anything about having a problem with the way I'm doing anything is people who are not in the pass.

If you have any farther comments on this please use the thread in Politics.

17. Default

TSC, I can see how you could think you're asking innocent questions with maybe a hint of joking around. However, I think it was taken by most people (myself included) to be a "calling out".

The first question ("where are you?") probably wasn't so bad (I wasn't paying attention, but I think a few days went by after he acknowledged receiving the package). The part about skipping town with a camera and 2 sticks was (I think) intended to be funny, but really came off as real concern over losing a disposable camera.

The second question was really out there. Anyone who's dealt with DCs knows they take some time to get in the system. Even the private couriers tend to take a few hours to get a tracking number into their system.

Like godfather said, use PM for this kind of stuff. If a real concern surfaces, then mention it in public.

Alright, back on topic. Package arrived today. Spocimp came through as I never doubted. He forgot the camera (probably all the stress someone was applying), but PM'd me and it should be here early next week. All other contents were safe and sound. I will leave the LFD chisel and take the CAO Soprano. I figure the Soprano is worth another try. In place of the CAO, I am putting in a Diamond Crown Rothschild. I am still deciding what picture to take. I am thinking I will bypass all the Mormon related BS sites and get a picture of the cigars by the World's First KFC. Boring, I know,- but variety is nice.

Spocimp,

Thanks for the plum brandy sample and related documents. I am excited to give it a try. If this ends up being my last post, it is because I was poisoned. I am kidding of course... ...or am I? Shit, am I? I think so...

Peace Out !!!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Oh KFC all the way.

Thread Information