Click for larger image

Monte Canario Double Corona
    Producto De Las Islas Canarias
    (Product of the Canary Islands, Spain)

Price 8.00
    Size: 7 ¼
    Ring: 50
    Color: Natural Even
    Construction: OK, as you can see from the picture.
    Before smoke- Smell very nice with light earthy scent. Prelight draw very smooth no hesitation. (note: cutting the foot, some of the wrapper broke off)

Side Note: At my local B&M, there is a box of Monte Canario resting in the back of the humi with no prices. Grand Cru No 2 and I have been asking if they are going to sell these, they look delicious. Also smoking something that we’ve never seen before is just wayyy to tempting. After months of asking, or maybe they got tired of us asking, they finally made a price list and we where the first to try this smoke from the Canary Islands.

First Draw: Nice taste with a very light spice/cedar taste and a cool calm draw.

This smoke starts off with a very nice taste and good smell with light smoke emanating from it. The smoke is very pleasant with a very calm easy smell. Nothing that makes it distinctive from other smokes. However, I think you could smoke this around non-smokers and they would not get upset.

As I continue to smoke, the taste stays consistent. The taste is not begging me to run back and get many more of these smokes, however it’s still enjoyable.

¼ through cigar and the taste is still steady. Hasn’t changed since I began with the first light. I haven’t needed to adjust the burn at all so throughout the draws the burn is very steady and even. I have found that if I smoke to fast, a harsh flavor comes out very quickly (like with many smokes), so I’m going to take my time and enjoy this calm smoke.

Half way down the cigar and nothing has really changed about this smoke. Steady, consistent flavor.

¾ mark and taste has changed to a slight harshness. The very mild Cedar/spice is now gone completely. All I taste is the harshness in the smoke.

Running out of coffee and the taste hasn’t come back to the light cedar taste, I’ve finished with the smoke. Overall impression was this is a nice relaxing smoke that is very calm and mild until the ¾ mark. I wouldn’t recommend anyone hunting this down or put on their “must try” list. However, if you find it, give it a try.
    Last edited by Lopaka; 02-05-2006 at 12:53 PM.

Blog Entries

LMAO! Hey, where have I seen this before?

At least you posted it here first!

I smoked a Monte Canario a while back and it was better than I thought it would be.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    At least you posted it here first!

Thread Information