Thread: new to the forum with a ?

1. Question new to the forum with a ?

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum here, but not to cigars. I have been smoking cigars for about 2 years now off and on. I finally got a humidor for christmas, a diamond crown berkley, which I am extremely pleased with so far. Since then my interest has grown exponentially.

I've been reading for a while, have learned quite a bit about taking care of my humidor, and finally have a question. I tried using the search function first but couldn't find exaclty what I was looking for. I know it has to have been asked here before, but I really want to know if Opus x's are worth the money. I know it's an opinion thing, but I am still interested in what people have to say. I was also wondering if there are any suggestions of cigars that are very similar to Opus x.

Thanks for all the repies in advance.

tylernim

bigpoppapuff Guest

you asked,i'll give you my answer...no, i don't think any opus x is worth the money...i don't like 'em...but that's just me...

Blog Entries

Welcome aboard matte!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

4. Default

I agree with Bigpoppapuff but YOU need to buy one and smoke it and see for yourself . Look for a #4 or #5 or a xXx aka power ranger. I have never not tried a cigar based on others opinion since cigars are very subjective. Enjoy the cigars bro.

K7
    The older I get ,the better I was

I'm not a big Opus fan either, but a lot of people like 'em. Same w/ Ashton vsg's. K7's dead on though - you should try one yourself rather than decide based on someone else's opinion. The power ranger is a good bet - I did enjoy one of these that I'd had about a month. Welcome to the board.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

welcome aboard. I agree with what these guys said.

Also, don't let your interest in trying one over power your common sense. A lot of vendors are more than ready and willing to screw you royally for one of those. Take your time and buy at msrp.

An Opus at MSRP would make me giggle like a schoolgirl and I don't even know if I like the flavour of the cigar. I suppose once I'm in the US however, and get a chance to adapt my thinking to your cigar prices I may change my mind.

I like some of them and some I don't . At retail price they're not bad , but at gouging prices , forget about them . I can tell you that the most disappointing cigar I ever had was an Opus X "A" , came in it's own wood coffin , bad burn problems and it went out alot , thank God it was a gift , they retail for $25.00 each . Like the other BOTL said , you won't know unless you try them . If you see a Fuente Anejo , grab it , in my opinion they're better than Opus and retail from $9.00 - $11.00 . Keep in mind that taste is subjective , everyone has different taste's of what they do and don't like . Welcome to CS .

Damn Bubba, I need to move to the far east. The coffin Opus run me 35 while the Anejo go for 20-25. Fuck me for living is such a profiteering and high taxed state. I guess, I should blame my Mother, but she went through enough hell going through my teen-aged antics though...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

An Opus X Super Beli is one of the best sticks I have had. An Opus X Perfecxion X I had was really nothing special. Some folks swear by them, and as you can see, some folks don't like any of them. Try some, but don't pay over MSRP.

Welcome to CS tylernim. As for the Opus, I wouldn't know. I am still waiting on trying one, but welcome none the less.
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

Welcome aboard man. As for the Opus it's a good smoke but there are better for less money. You got to try it and see for yourself but I would get my hands on a Ashton VSG or a Padron 1964 first, much better smokes imho. Still waiting to try a Padron 1926 myself but from what I've seen you can get them for less money online than I have seen the Opos for and since it's supposed to be better than the !964 it i definitely omething to get your hands on.

Welcome to the forum. I think Opus X are good cigars with a little age. Personally, I prefer the Anejos for their flavor, availability, and price. Regardless, as others have said, go try a couple--that's the only way you'll really know.

Moheganson Guest

I like the Opus X, the wrapper has a very distinct flavor. The smaller ones tend to be more powerful. Don't pay crazy prices for these.

I, too, like the smaller Opi. The wrappers are aged for as much as 10 yrs, I think, and IIRC, they finish the process in Calvados barrels, which gives them that unmistakeable flavor. I agree with MoSon, don't get caught up in the Hype and overspend for them, but with a year or so on them, they are memorable cigars, IMO.

:b

Thread Information