Thread: So my friend is on his way to cuba...

Default So my friend is on his way to cuba...

My buddy is going to cuba and I need some advice.

I got into cigars about 3 years ago. I have a couple of humidors that are looking a bit sparse.. so I figured this was a good time to fill up. He can bring back a total of 2 boxes of 25 each.

I tend to enjoy Romeo y Julietta Coronas. I like the taste fairly well, they are well packed and tight, thick enough for me with a reasonably mild smoke. The leaves taste so so.

Knowing this, and also knowing I wouldn't mind something perhaps a bit sweeter leafwise, what would you suggest I have him pick up for me down there that will be a fantastic deal compared to what I would buy here in Canada?

Thanks for your input! :)

I would get yourself a box of the Romeo y julieta's you like and a box of Cohiba Siglo VI. The Siglo VI is a big cigar but damn is it good. Can't go wrong. And your friend can bring back more box's, he just has to claim them on his way back into Canada. If you bring more then 2 box's back you pay duty on the rest. But it's still cheaper then buying them localy.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

3. Default

anything Cohiba

Quote Originally Posted by TN_CIGAR_MAN
    anything Cohiba

I think he was looking for a "reasonably mild" smoke. That would be R y J's, Fonseca, La Gloria's, etc.

Cohiba's, Monte's, VR's, Ramon Allones, Bolivar, etc. are more on the full side...

Alright sounds good. Thanks for the advice :)

If you are looking for a good mild smoke, I would say the Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure No 2. Great mild robusto that does well with age. If he has a choice have him grab the SLB/Cabinet. The Cabinet boxes age the cigars MUCH better than dress boxes.

Thanks for the replies :) I've also discovered that Montecristo's are fairly mild. VERY expensive however :(

Thread Information