Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocky Patel Vintage 1992

Default Rocky Patel Vintage 1992

I had always heard of the Rocky Patels but had never tried one...until tonight. I picked one up from the local cigar shop earlier today along with a Cohiba. The first thing I noticed was the pleasant smell of this dark cigar. Lighting up was smooth. The draw is clean and smooth, and burns very evenly. The ash was almost 2 inches long before I flicked it. It was smooth and the taste had hints of toast and coffee. Overall, I was very pleased with this cigar and was well worth the $17.99 I paid for it!

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar."
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by TSoprano
    I had always heard of the Rocky Patels but had never tried one...until tonight. I picked one up from the local cigar shop earlier today along with a Cohiba. The first thing I noticed was the pleasant smell of this dark cigar. Lighting up was smooth. The draw is clean and smooth, and burns very evenly. The ash was almost 2 inches long before I flicked it. It was smooth and the taste had hints of toast and coffee. Overall, I was very pleased with this cigar and was well worth the $17.99 I paid for it!

$17.99 for a RP '92??? I hate to say it - Someone hosed ya!!!!

3. Default

I really hope $18 was for both cigars...

Actually you might have gotten a little screwed if it was still for both cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    Actually you might have gotten a little screwed if it was still for both cigars.
    I agree, I get the robustos for $5.25 each. And thats still a little on the high side, not by much though.
    "Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar."
    -- Mark Twain

You all have to remember the CA Tobacco Nazi Republic we live in here on the Left Coast. They have imposed very high taxes on all things they deem to be "bad for us". Soon we will have a "sin" tax on Big Macs and Hershy bars her ein California.

That being said the price for that stick may be on the high side still. I would guess he got a churchill or double corona size for that price. My local shop has them all the time and with the taxes and all they are in the low teens for prices.

I love the 92's and they are one of my favorites right now.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Nice review,I love the 92 rp vintage,I keep them all the time for an everyday afternooner.

I will agree about CA prices,its rediculous.Recently in San Diego visiting my brother in law,I purchased an opus x for $35 and a Padron 64 for 12,I knew it was expensive but I was on vacation and didnt care much.opus x's here are $14ish.
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

reaganyouth84 Guest

WOW!!! 18 bucks for a RP 92?! Someone got hosed.

-Mike

I won 5 torpedos of the RP '92 selection for $23.00 on the devil site . Sometimes you can get good deals there . Nice review .

yea....17 sounds high. about 7bucks here

Quote Originally Posted by reaganyouth84
    WOW!!! 18 bucks for a RP 92?! Someone got hosed.

-Mike
    Maybe some positive or constructive comments would be better than making someone feel stupid. Some people can't rattle off MSRP on every cigar currently in production and assume the local shop has good prices. Helpful advice would be a more proper way of responding here. Or were we just post-padding.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

I think our brother needs to know he was hosed. $17 for a RP '92 is WAY above MSRP. The good news - stick around and we'll make sure you DON'T get hosed again.... Right, Jason? (It wasn't that long ago you'd happily plop down hard cash for those kinds of smokes at your local B&M )

Ahhh... Benefits of membership!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    I think our brother needs to know he was hosed. $17 for a RP '92 is WAY above MSRP. The good news - stick around and we'll make sure you DON'T get hosed again.... Right, Jason? (It wasn't that long ago you'd happily plop down hard cash for those kinds of smokes at your local B&M )

Ahhh... Benefits of membership!!!
    Well said... Live and learn

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

:b

They have this little saying in Texas, and I'm sure they have it here in Tenn.

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...er...shame on you again?

This is a little message from our president, the number 1, the color red and the letters A and s (twice).

I hardly ever buy cigars at cigar stores. I usually order mine online. I waqnted to get 1 RP to try. Yeah I figured $17.99 was high but said what the heck, you only live once. As far as size, it was like the churchill size.

- Mark Twain

Thats ok,I paid $35 for an opusX,knowing I get them home for $14, and $16 for a padron 1964 while in San Diego on vacation....no biggy.
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

18. Default

I know it's already been said, but you did get hosed. Cigarbid usually has some good prices on rocky's. They are excellent cigars as well, one of my favorites. I hope you enjoyed it.

I just ordered some more from Serious Cigars...$7.60 a stick.

- Mark Twain

Not for nothing but in the future,give the RP Vintage seconds a whirl.They smoke exactly the same,taste the same and look the same.Same for the edge and sungrown brands.Much cheaper.
    20 bundles for $34ish.
    Famous and CigarsInternational are two I grab from.

Thread Information