Thread: Mold in Humidor

Default Mold in Humidor

I have obviously over filled my humidifier cause it leaked out onto the cedar. I have the humidifier sitting upright along the wall of my humidor. Well, I noticed that the wet patch of cedar had extended over to two of my cigars, making them a bit wet at the end. So I moved the cigars. When I pulled the humidifier off the wall i saw some white fuzzy stuff along the crack of the humidor. It must be mold. I used a tooth brush to wipe the mold away, and I moved the humidifier away from the wet spots to insure it can dry quickly.

Two question:

1: Is my Humidor ruined??? What can i do to stop/rid the humidor of the mold?

2: Are the two cigars the water touched ruined? The end feels wet to the touch but it's not unraveling or anything. And they are cheap cigars too so even if they are ruined it's not a big deal. They are AZ's(darker rapper).

Thanks in advance guys.

Roham

Uhm, maybe someone could move this to the proper forum(accessories). Sorry

just had the exact same problem. I have now found mold growing on 6 cigars including an isom which pisses me off greatly. I have brushed the mold off the smokes and moved them to another humidor and I removed the tray in the humidor that had the mold on it and cleaned it with a little bleach water and then dried it bone dry with a hair dryer.

is there anything else I can do? Did I do ok? Am I screwed like a girl on prom night?
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

i wouldn't use that toothbrush again

Thread Information