Thread: Olympics opening ceremony?

Thumbs up Olympics opening ceremony?

Anyone else just love these inspireing stories upon the opening ceremonies?
    I dunno why I never watched them before,maybe I am just growing up,I am kind of into this with a silly happy grin.
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

CP,

I am totally with you and inspired, even though I am not a huge fan of winter sporting events. We hosted these Olympics the last time around. At first, when we won the bid, I was extremely hesitant about the whole thing. However, when it was going on, I was completely in awe! It was crazy. The World's focus on so many diverse personalities packed into one city. Some of the events were less than a half mile from my home. The traffic and media were insane!!! My best of wishes to the USA and our friendly neighbors to the north,- Canada !!! I am curious to see women play hockey. That starts either tomorrow or Sunday.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Thumbs up

Women hockey sounds interesting.
    I will send my best of luck to all nations as well,I love all the stories.
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

I thought Peter Gabriel's version of Imagine was pretty cool.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders
    CP,

I am totally with you and inspired, even though I am not a huge fan of winter sporting events. We hosted these Olympics the last time around. At first, when we won the bid, I was extremely hesitant about the whole thing. However, when it was going on, I was completely in awe! It was crazy. The World's focus on so many diverse personalities packed into one city. Some of the events were less than a half mile from my home. The traffic and media were insane!!! My best of wishes to the USA and our friendly neighbors to the north,- Canada !!! I am curious to see women play hockey. That starts either tomorrow or Sunday.
    Well the US womans hocky team kicked some major ass today
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

Glad to hear that,I missed it.

7. Default

Beat the crap out of the Super Bowl Opening Ceremonies. The jazzed up National Anthem sucked ass. Found it to be a bit disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    Beat the crap out of the Super Bowl Opening Ceremonies. The jazzed up National Anthem sucked ass. Found it to be a bit disrespectful.

My wife said the samething,I missed that too.

Quote Originally Posted by ukyfan
    Well the US womans hocky team kicked some major ass today
    Anyone catch those team Canada Women's hockey games?

16-0 vs. team Italy
    12-0 vs. team Russia

GO TEAM CANADA!!!
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Don't get carried away, now.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

11. Default

I like the winter Olympics better than the way overhyped summer crap
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    I like the winter Olympics better than the way overhyped summer crap
    I agree

I am hoping to see a Canada/USA final in mens and women's hockey. Those are usually great close games that could go either way.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Thread Information