Thread: Samples of a Brandy

1. Default Samples of a Brandy

The samples promised to Slcraider, TheSilentChamber, and CoventryCat86 will be mailed on Monday. Sorry for the delay. I will be send an explanation and history of what you are going to recieve.
    "Sure, after a meal there is nothing like a good cigar." Blondie says to Tuco in acknowledging the lie he told about his Brother.
    The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Looking very forward to it, my Texan friend. Thanks for coming through...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Very nice, although I still think you should have just passed around a few whole bottles...

4. Default

This is home made stuff although you can buy it in the bottle. You will see when you get it.
    "Sure, after a meal there is nothing like a good cigar." Blondie says to Tuco in acknowledging the lie he told about his Brother.

5. Default

I have mailed the packages of Brandy to you guys I hope you enjoy. SlcRaider I mailed yours in the Pass across America box. Please post your thoughts on the brandy after you have had a chance to sample it.

I could use a stiff drink right now... accually more like a steady IV drip.

moonshine?

8. Default

I hope some of you guys have a chance to sample the brandy this weekend. Let me know what you think>

Quote Originally Posted by Spocimp
    I hope some of you guys have a chance to sample the brandy this weekend. Let me know what you think>
    KB was not far off when he wrote "moonshine". This was strong stuff. I could taste the plum, but the rest was pure kick-ass alcohol. Not bad, but probably an aquired taste. It is really warm going down and goes straight to the head. Thanks for the good buzz, bud. In all seriousness, that was a very nice gesture to share with others like that
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Blog Entries

I'm glad you posted this thread because I had forgotten ALL about this.

Today, I go to my mailbox and find this strange package with a bottle of something I have no idea what it is along with a write up explaining what this stuff is. I didn't recognize the name on the return address

Again, I had forgotten about the previous thread and figured Scotty or fpdoc was sending me some poison or something so I put it aside for now.

I'll try it tomorrow night and tell ya what I think now that I know that it won't kill me.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86

I'm glad you posted this thread because I had forgotten ALL about this.

Today, I go to my mailbox and find this strange package with a bottle of something I have no idea what it is along with a write up explaining what this stuff is. I didn't recognize the name on the return address

Again, I had forgotten about the previous thread and figured Scotty or fpdoc was sending me some poison or something so I put it aside for now.

I'll try it tomorrow night and tell ya what I think now that I know that it won't kill me.

Now they might have gotten together and hired a hit man to get you.
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Moonshine (the shine I tried) was excellent, but I like that sort of taste....

I like most vodkas (not the biggest fan of the "flavored" ones, unless I'm gone) but the thing I liked most about the shine, was the fact that there was no after taste, at all, wasn't the sweetest thing in my mouth, but once I drank it, it was gone.

Got mine other day, think that was the biggest headache I'v got from such a small bottle in a long time.

Thanks again.

If you ever get a chance, try some pear brandy. Good stuff! I also like perry, which is like cider made with pears. Both are hard to find. There is only a single brand of perry I can find.

It's truly a shame good cider and perry are pricey and hard to find. All things considered, they are easier to make than beer, just not as popular.

Cider would be easy to make yourself if current laws didn't force orchards to add preservatives to the juice before sale.

Thread Information