Thread: Shakespeare Vintage Maduro Petite Corona

Default Shakespeare Vintage Maduro Petite Corona

This is my first written review, so go easy on me.

This is also my first Maduro, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I recieved thesein the mail, and to my suprise was not assesed any duties. I guess the sex-toy esque packaging and return address : cyber something industries helped. .

My initial impression was not good. I must not be used to the odour of a maduro, because for some reason it reminded me of a tin of skoal. The construction was decent, nothing to write home about. It had a nice dark ebony wrapper. It punched nicely with the included punch.

I went for a nice walk, and started out with an H.Upmann 1844 that I acquired somehere and it was absolutely horrible. I tossed it after the third puff. I lit up the Shakespeare, not really expecting much and for a few minutes it was kind of ho hum. the first third of the cigar was nothing special and had a very one-dimensioned flavor. No complexity at all. It suffered from some slight burn problems, but this was probably due to my poor lighting.

I continued and to my suprise It had itself a nice inch and a half ash on it. As I trudged on it really opened up and suprised me. After the first third I began to detect hints of leather. It developed a nice spicyness to it.

Then, I started to taste a smooth chocolate flavor and sweetness. After the initial boring first third, the cigar completely changed. Every puff was different. Cedar, chocolate, sweet coffeee, there was a little of everything. I looked forward to every puff. I was actually getting so into it that I missed my turn and ended up walking an extra four blocks. It was a very complex smoke that I really enjoyed. Even as I finished the last inch, it did not once take on that ashy taste that most others do at the end. It was a real finger burner. After smoking it left a nice sweet coffee-like aftertaste in my mouth. During the whole cigar, it only ashed itself twice.

After the initial third this cigar really suprised me. Definately not another gimmicky cigar with a catchy name. If it wasn't for the price, I would definately be picking up a box. They worked out to about 3 dollars a piece by the tin. They are about 160 a box for the full size ones.

I give this cigar an 89
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring
    I guess the sex-toy esque packaging and return address : cyber something industries helped.
    I know!!! I mentioned this in another thread somewhere. Ummmm, as for the cigar, I am not good at the whole putting my experience into words thing (see my "review these" review, good for a laugh) but I did enjoy them as a quick mild-ish smoke. My dad loves them, but says they are a little on the strong side

Thread Information