Thread: "Americanized" Cigars

Default "Americanized" Cigars

So I've read several things about how certain brands that are made both in and out of Cuba have only the brand name in common. Different tobacco, region, grower, etc. I've never smoked a Cuban. I'm wondering, are we wasting our time smoking non-cuban Montecristo, Cohiba, H. Uppman, etc.? Should we just stick to the originals or what? Also, what are the brands that never were Cuban? At least if I smoke these, I don't feel like I'm getting faked out .
    End of line.

A few that were never Cuban are - Arturo Fuente , Rocky Patel , Ghurka and I think Camacho and La Flor Domincana as well .

they've only copied the name. they're not trying to copy the flavor of the cigar. there's some good non-cuban/cuban brand named cigars. punch and fonseca, for example

They aren't trying to fake you out. This is what happens when communist dicktaters take over and the cigar families leave the country for freedom. The dicktaters just keep using the family names for their cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo
    They aren't trying to fake you out. This is what happens when communist dicktaters take over and the cigar families leave the country for freedom. The dicktaters just keep using the family names for their cigars.
    Just to get this straight...H.UPMANN non-cubans are terrible. I actually threw out the three that I had sitting in my humi. Absolute rubbish.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo

How do you explain Cohiba? Trinidad?
    Captain, it is I!

the newer monti, the classic, has a nice conn. shade wrapper and is a decent mild smoke, over priced like all monti's, but still tasty.

The cohiba EV are pretty good, but like the monti - over priced.

Thread Information