Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lars Tetens

Blog Entries

OH, I forgot to tell you about my 1979 BMW 733i. I bought it in 1993 for $3500.00. It had 135,000 miles on it. I forgot about this one because I still have it! Mine is "Bronzit" or a copper color. They only came with four speeds but someone had put a five speed in it before I bought it. I think is has 220,000 or so miles on it now. I can't remember because I had to change the speedometer. It came from California so it was rust free at the time. It's starting to show its age now and I don't drive it much anymore. It's probably not worth restoring so I don't really know what I'm going to do with it:
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

The first car I had was a 92 Honda Accord EX. Totaled it hydroplaning around a corner and knocked out power to the Portland airport.

N.O.L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    OH, I forgot to tell you about my 1979 BMW 733i. I bought it in 1993 for $3500.00. It had 135,000 miles on it. I forgot about this one because I still have it! Mine is "Bronzit" or a copper color. They only came with four speeds but someone had put a five speed in it before I bought it. I think is has 220,000 or so miles on it now. I can't remember because I had to change the speedometer. It came from California so it was rust free at the time. It's starting to show its age now and I don't drive it much anymore. It's probably not worth restoring so I don't really know what I'm going to do with it:
    *drools* I'm a sucker for a BMW of any age
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries

You've all already heard about the Jaguars but too bad, you're going to hear it again anyway.

In 1999, I bought a black 1986 XJ6 for $1,500.00 to "fix up" BAD IDEA, the car was a piece of garbage so I bought another one in 2000 (a grey one) and restored it. I paid $900.00 for it on eBay. I bought it sight unseen on eBay becaue it was a California car and I knew it would have no rust. It had a blown head gasket and it had 152,000 miles on it. I used the black one for parts to fix this one. It came out so nice that I now pretty much only use it for car shows. The restoration was completed in 2002:

The car just turned over 180,000 miles this year when I drove it down to Richmond, VA for a car show three weeks ago.

Last year, I bought another one exactly like it, same color for $300.00. It needed some work but the black one provided all the parts I needed to fix it. A friend of mine who manages a body shop is painting it for me. It should be ready for sale next year.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-10-2005 at 11:45 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

I should post a picture of what's left of the black one!

It's just a shell of its former self, no engine, no rear end, no front end, no nose

Just about ready for the junkyard but it has paid for itself three times over in parts.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

So, in January of this year, I go to a guy's shop in the local Jaguar club to get some parts for the other grey one I'm fixing up. He also sells used Jaguars. He's asking $4,500.00 for a 1992 XJ6 that has 163,000 miles on it. Books value is $5,500.00 but the car has a few stupid little problems that he doesn't want to bother with so he tells me he'll sell it to me for $2,500.00 knowing I can fix the problems and maybe make a couple of bucks reselling it. This car is so nice, I'm having a hard time letting go of it. Mine is blue:

Jaguar changed the body style to this in 1988 and they looked like this up until 1994. Most Jaguar lovers think these aren't as nice looking as the 1980 - 1987s BUT they have a completely different engine and transmission which is technologically superior to the older models. This car runs and rides like a dream and get 20mpg around town. I'm having a real hard time wanting to let go of it:
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

CC... I have to say... I've always been a BMW man, but after seeing one of my residents' 2003 S-type I have fallen in love... I've been looking for an older Jag or even a newer one... forgotten all about wanting an M3
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 8-5-8
    CC... I have to say... I've always been a BMW man, but after seeing one of my residents' 2003 S-type I have fallen in love... I've been looking for an older Jag or even a newer one... forgotten all about wanting an M3

The "X-type" are smaller and comparable to the 3-series BMWs while the "S-type" are slightly larger and pretty much match up with the 5-series BMWs. The XJ8 which they still make are larger, more expensive and completely different from the S & the X and they are designed to compete with the large European sedans, like the 7-series, the large Mercedes, the Infinity Q45 and whatever the top Lexus is.

My favorite new Jaguar is the XK8 which is a coupe or available as a convertible:

I would LOVE one of these!!!

The XK8 took the place of the XJS:

which superceded the XKE:
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-11-2005 at 12:05 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

That picture above of the XJS is 1988-1991, those were the BEST!!! In 1992 they changed the ass end and I think they don't look as nice. The XJSs of those years were all 6.0 liter V12 and go like HELL!!

You can find VERY NICE show quality ones for around $15,000.00.

One of the best deals going!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

I loved driving my grandfathers 91 Sovereign but I would take a 4spd of this over that any day

N.O.L.A.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rcpky16
    I loved driving my grandfathers 91 Sovereign but I would take a 4spd of this over that any day
    69 El Camino SS

WooooooHOOOOO

Probably a 396 too!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-11-2005 at 12:18 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    69 El Camino SS

WooooooHOOOOO

Probably a 396 too!
    I wish that was mine. lol. It would probably be the death of me if I drove that in Maine during the winter.
    N.O.L.A.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rpcky16
    I wish that was mine. lol. It would probably be the death of me if I drove that in Maine during the winter.
    Like this?:

LOL!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Yep I'm defiantly not looking foreword to that time of the year. I'm happy school is starting back up on January 9th so I can get out before it gets really cold.
    N.O.L.A.

Well sence were on the subject of cars, this is a picture of my last project:

Guess what it is and you may win a free cigar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    Well sence were on the subject of cars, this is a picture of my last project:

Guess what it is and you may win a free cigar.
    I should know this one, the door handle is a very good clue......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

yeah the door handle will definatly tell you who made it. I think they used that handle on pretty much everything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber
    yeah the door handle will definatly tell you who made it. I think they used that handle on pretty much everything.
    I KNOW I should know it, a friend of mine somewhere along the way had a car with that type of door handle. I think it's AMC.

Is it possibly a Javelin or an AMX?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Yeah, its an AMC.

Blog Entries

LOL!!!!

Ah HA!!

Okay:

Hornet
    Gremlin
    Matador
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information