Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delirium Nocturum Beer

Default Delirium Nocturum Beer

If someone will order me a bottle (750ml) of if someone can get it locally I'll either give them cash or trade three Opus X's and some nice others (Please note I'll probably bomb 50 bones worth of cigars for a bottle of this stuff)

I'll ship your the cigars/cash/whatever we work out, as soon as the beer hits my doorstep.

Any takers?

Opus/Anejo/Padron/DCM's... come on, someone's gotta take me up on this. You won't regret it.

http://www.beermania.be/sales/delirium_nocturnum.htm
    Last edited by Kayakinboy; 02-16-2006 at 12:50 PM.

pm sent. never mind. found a website but they won't ship to TX or TN.
    Last edited by basil; 02-16-2006 at 12:15 PM.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Damn... alright guys here's some sites:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/beergeek/denobeal75.html
    (They won't ship to me, you'll have to re-ship it to TN)

http://hitimewine.com/istar.asp?a=6&...tar.asp?a%3D29
    (Will ship to me)

http://www.liquorama.net/index.asp?P...D&ProdID=18908
    (Will ship to me)

http://www.sutlers.com/
    (No Idea)
    Last edited by Kayakinboy; 02-16-2006 at 12:32 PM.

KB how many you need?
    I can pick it up locally.

I try to keep a cple on stock at home..but had a party this past wekend so they are now gone,.LOL!

Just wanted to try one, but if you can get two that's awesome, what size bottles? PM Sent

this is taken care of...

Cool, please let us know how it is. I enjoy Belgium beers, especially Lambics (Mmmmm).

I brewed a double a couple of years ago. Cultivated the yeast from a naturally fermented abby ale I got in Boston. Nice flavor, took a year from brewing to drinking.

The only down side is it only took a week an a half to go from 2 1/2 cases of beer to 2 1/2 cases of fresh empties.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    I brewed a double a couple of years ago. Cultivated the yeast from a naturally fermented abby ale I got in Boston. Nice flavor, took a year from brewing to drinking.
    I assume it turned out well. :)

I've seen the lambic blends offered by White Labs and Wyeast. I always thought it would be a cool brew, but I drink lambics so rarely, it's not worthwhile...

Yeah, I've never brewed a lambic, first off, according to the guy at my local store who did, it took over 5 years to mature, I don't have that kind of patience,
    second, if you let some of that funky lambic yeast or bracclus (sp) bacteria get loose you could wind up ruining batch after batch.

The guy at the store said I should set up plastic sheeting in the basement and really seal off an area if I want to do an lambic.

That just seems like to much of a pain in the ass. I buy this stuff.

I did get a sour-mash wheat beer recipe that calls for the addition of sour cherries that should come close to a Lambic, just without the bacteria.

someday maybe.

Edit - holy crap I need to learn to spell
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 02-16-2006 at 07:03 PM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    I did get a sour-mash wheat beer reciepe that calls for the addition of sour cheeries that should come close to a Lambic, just without the bacteria.
    Sounds a little like the recipe from the Complete Joy of Homebrewing...

11. Default

That is some good brew. I've had it several times

The word Yeast has came up in this thread more times than I am comfortable with

Yes, exactly. It is very much like "cherries in the snow" but you mash a set up like the "high velocity Wiezen" in the all grain section and sour it 18-24 hrs. with 1/2 lb. crushed pale malt.

Most brew stores have stale hops so use what you like, I prefer saaz.

And they just use a wheat are red star ale and ferment at room temp.

I want to make this but I am having trouble getting sour cherries.

Basil and Alex, PM Sent.

I found a local shop from a suggestion from a fellow BOTL, but I feel like a heal if I pull out. I sent basil a PM stating I'd find another beer that I'm looking to try (for around the same price) and we'd keep the trade going.

15. Default

If anyone would like to swap some of it for cigars or $$ LMK. I can't get locally.

Umm, this stuff sounds good. I wonder if I can pick some up in Memphis somewhere.

Sounds like a tasty brew . Anyone ever had Chimay Red ? It is a Trappist Ale brewed in Belgium , one of my favorites when I can find it . Ding - light bulb just went on , gonna have to have one with a cigar sometime .

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba -NJ
    Sounds like a tasty brew . Anyone ever had Chimay Red ? It is a Trappist Ale brewed in Belgium , one of my favorites when I can find it . Ding - light bulb just went on , gonna have to have one with a cigar sometime .

Had some Chimay about year ago. Not sure if it was the red, can't remember. But it was dam tasty. I have to drive to Boston to get some.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    If anyone would like to swap some of it for cigars or $$ LMK. I can't get locally.

Folks I ain't kiddin.....

What does this special brew run price wise locally?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Thread Information