Thread: Joya De Nicaraugua Puro - Celebracion

Default Joya De Nicaraugua Puro - Celebracion

Not sure what size this was, seemd to be about 45-50 ring gauge and between a robusto and a churchill. Anyway, I have tried the Antona line and liked it but it was really really strong so I decided to try this line.

This cigar has a very light brown wrapper - Connecticut Shade, perhaps?

Nice construction, attractive wrapper. Smelled really good and leafy like I like a cigar to smell pre-light.

Burned extremely well, no burn problems at all. Was kind of a one-note cigar, but I liked the note it played!! Very woody, smooth taste until the very end. Produced a large volume of smoke, which I also like.

Very well priced, only $4.75 at my B&M. I think I will try this one again to see if my first impression holds up. If so, I can see smoking these maybe once a month or so.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

bigpoppapuff Guest

wrapper...nic criollo
    filler...nic
    binder..nic.....it's the same tobacco used in the antano...the difference is the wrapper used ion the celebracion is a lower cutting than that of the antano,which is from the top of the plant....

torp...6x52
    churchill...6 7/8x48
    toro..6x50
    consul..4 1/2x52
    corona..5 1/2x42

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    wrapper...nic criollo
    filler...nic
    binder..nic.....it's the same tobacco used in the antano...the difference is the wrapper used ion the celebracion is a lower cutting than that of the antano,which is from the top of the plant....

torp...6x52
    churchill...6 7/8x48
    toro..6x50
    consul..4 1/2x52
    corona..5 1/2x42

Thanks for the info. Definitely the toro then. And no wonder I liked it so much, I really like the CAO Criollo so I'm in love with Criollo wrappers.

bigpoppapuff Guest

the camacho havana is also a criollo....

That's also one of my favorites, but I didn't know it is also a Criollo.

I've only smoked the consul celebracions - and thought they were excellent smokes. Enjoy the antanos too, but sometimes they're too much.

BPP - didn't realize the only difference between these two is from where on the plant the leaf comes. The upper cutting, for the antano, this is ligero, right?
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

bigpoppapuff Guest

yep....from the very top of the plant..but under the corona....

I think the Celebration is one of my top 3 favorites, and yes 4 dollars is what I pay and i think thats a good price.
    smoke um if you got um

Thread Information