Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disapionted with reganyouth84

1. Default Disapionted with reganyouth84

About a month ago I agreed to a trade with reganyouth84. It was more or less a blind fiver trade. I thought he was Ok.

As the story goes I send him my end. He said he had to go to the smoke shop and get my end. He PMs me back and says the shop closed early and he was not able to get em...first red flag. In the meantime my cigars are shipped in a timely manner and arrive safely. We exchange PMs and I ask when my end was comming and why it had not been shipped.

Well he replies...I ran short of money for school and have not bought your smokes.

To make a long story short I've been waiting for about three weeks and still no cigars. I have PMed him...no response. The last time he was on the board was 08/18/05.

The cigars are not the problem. I can get cigars anytime I need em. The problem is appearantly he is writing checks he can't cash or he is a scammer.

To the newbies...Don't make agreements that you can't keep your end of. Better to wait for the proper time to trade than to push it.

By the way...The cigar community is a good place. This is the first time I have had trouble with anyone over a cigar deal...But be carefull.

Sorry to hear this Sarge. Do you want my spot in the Cigar Draft? I still have 3 picks left. Shaping up to be a nice fiver. You can have the spot and picks and I'll just send them out to you once its over. Just send me the your addy.

3. Default

I'm ok...Just a tad pissed. Enjoy the lotto.

Thanks for the offer DG.

No problem. It's yours if you change your mine.

Blog Entries

Yup, this kind of thing ticks me off. I tried to AIM him yesterday but never got any sort of response. If your going to trade with someone have nads to at least own up and stay in contact with the person if you can't make the trade till your checks come in.

While I just got out of college a couple of years ago and I know what its like to be dead broke and not have any cash to my name, you didn’t see me making trades (of any kind) when I knew I couldn’t keep my end of the bargain.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Damn Sarge, sorry to hear that you got burned.

It looks like Reaganyouth has some 'splaining to do.

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    Yup, this kind of thing ticks me off. I tried to AIM him yesterday but never got any sort of response. If your going to trade with someone have nads to at least own up and stay in contact with the person if you can't make the trade till your checks come in.

While I just got out of college a couple of years ago and I know what its like to be dead broke and not have any cash to my name, you didn’t see me making trades (of any kind) when I knew I couldn’t keep my end of the bargain.

Hex, does Reaganyouth owe you sticks too?

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

OBVIOUS TRADING RULE #1:

Do not enter into a trade with sticks you do not have! Duh.

If you have to go to the shop AFTER you have already entered into the trade then you have already dropped the ball BIG TIME! Also do not make $$$ commitments unless you have the $$$ in the account. Not "I get paid Friday so I will send you a check then" Thats BS.

My .02

p.s. - I have a full box of Opus X for trade . . . send me your end first
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

that sucks man, keep us posted if anything changes.

Quote Originally Posted by QuietC
    that sucks man, keep us posted if anything changes.

Ditto
    Don't worry about the mule, just load the wagon.

Yeah that sucks. Seems strange, he seemed to enjoy the board. I hope he comes through and has a good explanation. Everyone hits bumps in the road but the key to riding them through is communication.

I know you don't need them but I'm with Diesel this is an offer in friendship Not charity - so slide into the draft. I'll give up two picks, take 2 of the 3 offered from Diesel and three of us get 4. Cool with me. Besides the three of use were a row in the FC pass. It all seems good to me. Besides this board is fun and relatively tight. I like it that way. We certainly have more of a "community" here than most places.

If you lived next door I would certainly let you borrow the lawn mower, let alone hand over a couple of sticks. Hop on board.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan
    Yeah that sucks. Seems strange, he seemed to enjoy the board. I hope he comes through and has a good explanation. Everyone hits bumps in the road but the key to riding them through is communication.

I know you don't need them but I'm with Diesel this is an offer in friendship Not charity - so slide into the draft. I'll give up two picks, take 2 of the 3 offered from Diesel and three of us get 4. Cool with me. Besides the three of use were a row in the FC pass. It all seems good to me. Besides this board is fun and relatively tight. I like it that way. We certainly have more of a "community" here than most places.

If you lived next door I would certainly let you borrow the lawn mower, let alone hand over a couple of sticks. Hop on board.

Thanks again..You guys just have fun. The sarge is just glad to be a part of this place. You folks humble me.

unreal..

i go out of my way to make sure a trade i do is complete. I have been burned by the usps losing stick and i always replace them.. when ppl are not happy in their trades with me due to damaged sticks or sticks not up tho their expectation I always send them out something more to make it right.. Its bastiges like him that ruin it for everyone.!

I hope ppl learn to trade with caution..and always have something in your humi to trade.. not something at the store .. what a cheap excuse..
    Last edited by alexgtp; 08-26-2005 at 11:51 AM.

Damn sorry to hear that. That's very disappointing. He obviously should have lived up to his end, and has earned a bad rep for not doing so.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan
    Hex, does Reaganyouth owe you sticks too?
    No, but I tried to contact him to make this situation a lot easier for everyone involved. I'm going to AIM him with a link to the thread to see if he has anything to say.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

thanks for the heads up sarge, i'll keep him on my 'watch' list. let us know if he accually completes his agreement.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Dman republicans,he is probably out beating people over the head with a bible actually disregard that it could get ugly fast
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Damn Democrats, they wanna ban smoking till you can only smoke in the house, then send Smoke Nazis in your house cause your endangering your spouses health, or your kids, or your own, or costing too much in health care so they can ban it completely....blah blah blah.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    Damn Democrats, they wanna ban smoking till you can only smoke in the house, then send Smoke Nazis in your house cause your endangering your spouses health, or your kids, or your own, or costing too much in health care so they can ban it completely....blah blah blah.
    And your backyard too, because the smoke could carry over the fence and give your neighbor emphysema (sp?).

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

20. Default

Well folks..It's Saturday. Most computer folks have checked theirs at least once. Reganyouth84 has not logged on, at least under his handle.

I think with all this discussion he knows by now what is going on here. I strongly suspect I have been had.

That's all well and good.

Thread Information