Thread: Opus X

Default Opus X

OK, I had my first Opus X this weekend (Thanks George). It had a good flavor, but I was disapointed about one thing. The damn thing kept going out on me. I had to relight it like 4 times, and finally just dropped the thing and only had about 1/2 of it. Anyone else ever have this happen to them or was it just a bad stick?
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

Quote Originally Posted by ukyfan
    OK, I had my first Opus X this weekend (Thanks George). It had a good flavor, but I was disapointed about one thing. The damn thing kept going out on me. I had to relight it like 4 times, and finally just dropped the thing and only had about 1/2 of it. Anyone else ever have this happen to them or was it just a bad stick?
    Nope - the newer Opus' have trouble staying lit. That particular Opus was the December '05 crop. They also tend to favor a lower RH - 60-65%. If you let them lie at 60-65% for a while, they do tend to burn a bit better. Give 'em a year and they burn like a dream!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Nope - the newer Opus' have trouble staying lit. That particular Opus was the December '05 crop. They also tend to favor a lower RH - 60-65%. If you let them lie at 60-65% for a while, they do tend to burn a bit better. Give 'em a year and they burn like a dream!!!
    OK, cool. I really liked the flavor but it was a pain in the ass sitting there relighting the thing. If I was by myself I don't think it would have been a problem because I would have been taking more draws off of it, but since I was talking with some people I didn't as much as I would if by myself.

When you first by an Opus, do you always let them sit for a while before you smoke them?
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

4. Default

Opus need to be dried out before smoking them. Most retailers keep them way too humid for them to burn properly. They should be stored like Cuban cigars 58-62 percent humidity. They have a very thick wrapper which will burn lousy when too wet.

Thread Information