Thread: how long have you aged an opus x

Default how long have you aged an opus x

I was just wondering for those who have opus x how long have you age them before you smoke them.If so have you notice any differents in taste and strenth..I have 4 opus x double c.and they are going on 6 months..

Blog Entries

I've never been able to keep them around long enough to age.

I did buy some aged Opus X last year. I think they had five or six years of age on them. They were noticably smoother but I tend to like them young.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

In the Feb 2006 issue of Cigar Aficionado in the "Connoisseur's Corner", they talk about aged smokes. They give a Fuente Fuente OpusX Petit Lancero (1996) a rating of 97.

I think their consensus is that great cigars like the OpusX become stellar when aged.
    puro pot pass VI loser

Age them? Is a day long enough?

It's hard to age these cigars, as they look so darn inviting! I have, however, managed to age a few for a year. They are spectacular cigars. I love their spiceyness. I wonder what the record aging time is for us-guys; 1 year? 2 years? How long can you wait?
    Tiny Tim
    (yeah, it's a play on words!)

http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

I have 3 , about churchill size , not sure which edition because they were gifted to me that have about 2 years on them . I put them in the bottom of my humidor and forgot about them . I think they're 1-Dbl Corona(7-1/2" long) and 2-Reserva D' Chateau's(7" long) , feel free to correct me if I'm wrong , always willing to learn a bit more .

I have a bunch of Opus' that have been aging a year, a half box and a few singles. And I expect to still have most of them a few years from now. I'll get back to you then
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Thread Information