Thread: cigar cutting

walkinghammer420 Guest

Default cigar cutting

well as of now i have no cigar cutter. who knows where the hell mine went to :-/ but anyway, what is the best way of cutting one without a cutter. i was thinking taking my pocketknife and either using it as a punch and cut a little hole in it or just using it to cut the cap off. both these ways seem to violent for my precious stogies. any advice? and please dont respond with "get your ass out and buy one!" :-)

thanks.

walkinghammer420 Guest

Default meh!

please respond!

get a pencil and a pair of pliers, pull the eraser out of the pencil so all that is left is the metal holder. Use the metal holder to carefully cut a plug out of the caps.

If you have ever used a plug cutter, it works the same.

Blog Entries

I have a few great suggestions to help out since you probably don't have any stores that sell cutters in your area. Same thing happened to me when I went to Joplin, MO. where I grew up, not a cutter to be found ANYWHERE. (I think you have to know where to look, maybe.)

1. Order some from on-line stores. However, you may not be 21 yet, so...

2. Ask your parents to go on-line for you. However, your parents may not want to help you and who wants to wait 2-3 business days??!!??, so...

3. Start asking around if anyone else smokes cigars. A barber shop is a great place to hang out and ask for the location of your fellow BOTLs. Also, think back on the last place you saw someone else smoking cigars. I'm sure one of those places has someone who has a cutter. In fact, I bet they have some extra ones that they would be willing to give you! I know I have about 12 laying around. Again, that option takes time, so...

4. Last year when we went to the lake, we didn't have a cutter either; seriously! We had plenty of cigars though. So, we took a very sharp knife and cut around the head very slowly and carefully until a cut went completely around. Then we set the cigar down against the deck-board railing, put the knife in the already cut grove and then gave it a quick thrust through the cigar. This worked pretty well, but we did mangle up a couple of cigars learning the technique. However, you may not have a sharp knife, so....

5. Ask a police officer! They mostly love to smoke cigars or will know where you can get a cutter in your local area.
    puro pot pass VI loser

You can use your fingernail to peel off the cap--if you bite your nails, I guess you're sol there, though.

That pencil head suggestion is really good.

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar."
    - Mark Twain

Blog Entries

My father laughs at me when I use a cutter. He likes the good old fashion, bite a hole in the cap with your teeth cut.

you have to cut the end off?
    Have you ever thought about maybe turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

Are you talking about cutting cigars, or cutting dope...

Damn, I didn't know you had to cut them. I think I've been smoking the wrong end!

I think we've seen the last of the latest asshat, might as well jack his thread.

Blog Entries

[quote=WOXOF]Damn, I didn't know you had to cut them. I think I've been smoking the wrong end!

Nawww you don't have to cut white owls Woxof.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Why would you need to cut anything...... just open up the wrapper and put the pot in it

Why are you wasting our time ?
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Thread Information