Romeo Y Julieta Hermoso No. 4
Posted by E.Z. under Cigar Reviews (Photos)

A while back I picked up an habano sampler while waiting around at the airport. Among the cigars inside was this Romeo y Julieta Hermoso No.4. Having tried other formats of the R&J to my satisfaction I decided to give this one a try.

A quick look and feel reveals a nice firm cigar with a creamy colored wrapper. On the nose, it has a light sweet tobacco smell with a soothing and relaxing attitude; appropriately so for a cigar that is suitable for a morning or afternoon smoke. Its triple cap is very well laid, a familiar sight of premium Cuban cigars. The wrapper leaf was a bit rough with some minor blemishes.

A clip and a quick light later, the aromatic tobacco smoke gently oozes from this stick. The aroma is very pleasant. Somewhat floral, if that's the right word. I can't imagine anyone not liking the aroma of this smoke. The mouthfuls of smoke taste light, but pleasant, with a creamy character to it. I tasted roasted nuts on this one with a sweet and slightly spicy under tone.

The stick will not get too much more powerful than this, but that didn't bother me with this one. In the last third, I got a bit more spice and sweet dry wood, which also constituted the pleasant and clean medium finish.

Overall, though not an extraordinary smoke, the Romeo Y Julieta Hermoso No. 4 is very tasty in its own way and it's a nice one to have around when a lighter smoke is desired, or for a change of pace.