Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am not the CigarPass Hacker

Blog Entries

Default I am not the CigarPass Hacker

It has come to my attention that the Rod at Cigarpass is making accusations that I hacked his community and caused the virus situation many of his members have experienced. I am a professional in the technology industry and although not directly involved in the security aspect of things, I know what it's like to have to clean up after a break in. It's not fun and it costs money. I take the White Hat approach to administration.

I had nothing to do with this or any break in attempt at Cigarpass.com. Period.

Rod, I have never said or done anything negatively towards you or your site. The fact that you would make these sort of accusations behind my back with out an email or PM or any sort of communication appalls me. I don't know you but I always give people the benefit of the doubt. You have shown your true colors to me in the last week, I hope you try to rectify the situation.

I sent Rod an email with my phone number at 9:26 AM EST I invite him to communicate with me regarding this situation. I have nothing to hide.

Alright enough hiding Rod. Time for you to salvage yourself.

Never even consider it Hex.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Blog Entries

We know you had nothing to do with it Hex.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

OK, what the Hell is going on? First it looks like someone is trying to hack into the admin page here, and fingers point to someone from CigarPass. Then CigarPass goes down with some type of virus and Hex gets blamed for it?!?!? What the Hell? I always thought that these 2 boards got along pretty well with each other.

And on a side note... What is the deal with CC? I came on this morning and saw that he was banned? Or is that just his new title? If it is... ok I am a moron ;)
    Last edited by ukyfan; 03-13-2006 at 10:18 AM.
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

I think we should all sit down and have a cigar together.....

This is all bullshit
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Let me tell you, it is one nasty virus.
    Im still trying to get it off my home PC.
    AVG is good but its not getting rid of everything. Windows Defeder found a couple pieces of it as well, but not everything. I might have to wipe the HD.

Hex, I dont believe for a minute you are capable of such a malicious act.
    "Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar."
    -- Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ukyfan
    OK, what the Hell is going on? First it looks like someone is trying to hack into the admin page here, and fingers point to someone from CigarPass. Then CigarPass goes down with some type of virus and Hex gets blamed for it?!?!? What the Hell? I always thought that these 2 boards got along pretty well with each other.
    I've never had any problems with cigar pass or Rod. I think his forum has a lot to offer the internet cigar community. A lot of times it's important for Admins to work together to help catch problems that affect multiple boards. I hope we can work past everything that has transpired and continue to have a good relationship, but it's going to take some honestly on Rod's part for that to happen.

And on a side note... What is the deal with CC? I came on this morning and saw that he was banned? Or is
    that just his new title? If it is... ok I am a moron ;)
    CC is a dick, he isn't banned.

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    I've never had any problems with cigar pass or Rod. I think his forum has a lot to offer the internet cigar community. A lot of times it's important for Admins to work together to help catch problems that affect multiple boards. I hope we can work past everything that has transpired and continue to have a good relationship, but it's going to take some honestly on Rod's part for that to happen.

So the Honesty has started. ROFLMAO!

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Blog Entries

LMAO! There's a glitch in the "Member title" word filter, it won't let you call yourself "administrator" or "moderator" but you can ban yourself.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

i don't think Rod deseves this much of an explaination.

Surely Rod hasn't become that much of a hypocrite after his sermon about how "true BOTL" behave that he would be throwing around accusations like this without showing any proof. When Hex confronted Rod it was out in the open with the evidence he had provided for all to see. Personally, sounds to me like some shitstain who is on the inside of both forums, perhaps snobs as well, and has a personal beef with how things are done here, and were done there, is trying to destroy the two boards by playing us all against each other.

It's reached the point it has real world ramifications and it needs to end. I don't care for Rod or what CP has become, but I don't wish for the place to be destroyed. I thinks it's time for everyone to man up and end this board war shit before people really start losing their minds. It's time to concentrate on finding the fucker behind it.

Hopefully Rod can now see it's time to out the sleazy focker that started this shit in the first place.

Edited - sorry in retrospect I believe this issue is to important for joking around.
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 03-13-2006 at 11:41 AM.

14. Default

Keep up the good work hex. You show a high level of class. I'm proud to be a member here.

Nobody would believe you are any way hex.

Baron
    Remember to breathe

16. Default

I don't think you did this hex.

The pattern is pretty typical. Someone finds an exploit in a piece of software or an OS and then decides to try it out somewhere that hasn't been patched.

Something similar like this happened to my friend's unix server about a year ago. Someone found a known exploit in the Apache server and decided to go to town with it.

Same case here I'm sure.

Well this is the first forum that I found and I like to think of this place as my home. And from my short time here I have never had a problem and would like to think that this is a respectable board... well minus CC and his ever present bashing of any NCAA basketball team other than UConn

Anyway, my point is that from all that I have seen I wouldn't think that Hex you would have caused the probs over at Pass
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

For what it is worth.

There was a recent rash of exploits to Invision powerboards. Seems they found a vulnerable exploit.

******It has come to our attention that a potential XSS attack exists in all versions of IPB 2.1.x which can allow javascript to be executed via PM under some circumstances.********

Downloading the IPB 2.1.5 (08-03-06) Patch

Someone/ persons have hacked numerous boards. This has been happening for the past 2-3 weeks.

There are 4 invision boards I frequent and all have been attacked. It loads a nasty scripting back door trojan along with spy sherrif.

If you are on a machine that has bloakc pop upw and scripting you should be ok. Or if you have real time protection for viruses.

I think it was just a bad timing this happened. With all the stuff that has been goin on lately.

I dont think there is bad blood between Hex and Rod. BOth seem like good guys who are here to support our CIGAR community by maintaining their respective boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bkcloud114
    I think we should all sit down and have a cigar together.....

This is all bullshit
    I'm with you, man.
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

Never though for a minute that you did it Hex...Apparently it was a Russian hacker and his board wasn't the first.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Thread Information