Thread: Amzing new discovery

1. Default Amzing new discovery

Just found a new computer trick. If you're an old guy like me this really helps. When the font size on your computer is really small hold the control button down and roll the scroll wheel in the middle of your mouse. You can adjust the writing size to match your eyesight.

Keep in mind...If you ain't got a wheel in the middle your mouse you are wasting your time.

Good one! Didn't know this.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Was not aware of it either!!! Thanks, Ken...

I got a good Windows suggestion for you too...

If you want to go to a .com website, you can type in the name of the website (without the www and the .com), and then hit CTRL + ENTER. Windows will automatically put he www and the .com on the address...

i.e.: type in "cigarsmokers", then hit the CTRL Key + ENTER Key...

That is really cool! Thanks
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

Cool

I didn't know either of those tricks.

Blog Entries

Here's another trick some of you may not know.

If you have mulitpule windows up like, MSWord, IM, Browser, and even a game all at the same time. You can go to any of them instantly without clicking "tabs" on the bottom of the screen.

Use Alt+Tab. You'll see a square in the middle of the screen choose what you want and it's yours. When you see the box, you'll see all your tabs from the bottom of the screen. Keep holding the "Alt" key and just tap the tab and you'll see the blue square move to the one you want.

Also, MSwindows will remember the last tab you used. Soooo, if your like me and use MSword when makeing a post. Just put want you want in the post. Alt-tab to MSword (Note: you have to have MS word up already) and then spell check. If you just went to MSword from the post, just a very fast Alt-Tab and you right back at the post. Quick easy spell check.

Hope that helps a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka
    Here's another trick some of you may not know.

If you have mulitpule windows up like, MSWord, IM, Browser, and even a game all at the same time. You can go to any of them instantly without clicking "tabs" on the bottom of the screen.

Use Alt+Tab. You'll see a square in the middle of the screen choose what you want and it's yours. When you see the box, you'll see all your tabs from the bottom of the screen. Keep holding the "Alt" key and just tap the tab and you'll see the blue square move to the one you want.

Also, MSwindows will remember the last tab you used. Soooo, if your like me and use MSword when makeing a post. Just put want you want in the post. Alt-tab to MSword (Note: you have to have MS word up already) and then spell check. If you just went to MSword from the post, just a very fast Alt-Tab and you right back at the post. Quick easy spell check.

Hope that helps a few people.
    Awesome! I now have a blackbelt in computers.

Those are very nice tips thank you all.

Now if someone can tell me how to make the "enter network password" quit coming up it would be even better.

Thanks a lot Sarge!!! Great for those of us who are getting older and starting to squint at stuff all the time!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Just found a new computer trick. If you're an old guy like me this really helps. When the font size on your computer is really small hold the control button down and roll the scroll wheel in the middle of your mouse. You can adjust the writing size to match your eyesight.

Keep in mind...If you ain't got a wheel in the middle your mouse you are wasting your time.

Thank's again for this. My son played with the computer and I couldn't read a god dam thing it was so small. I mean the font as small as it gets so you can't even make out the letters. I knew this info was here.

That's cool, no matter how old you are or how your eyesight it.
    Brian Wells

cool thanks!!
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

Thread Information