Thread: NJ Cigar Club - Update

Default NJ Cigar Club - Update

Well we formed our LLC for The Metropolitan Society, formerly Metropolitan Cigar Society, and we are signing a lease on Monday for the 4200 sq/ft space.

We have to gut out the small office area and construct the new walls, etc. Lots of work ahead of us. We are going to have the entire ceiling painted black rather than drop it. The ceilings are about 12’ so the smoke will rise up and be taken out by our ventilation system. About half of the space with be lounge areas, library room, game room, bathrooms, humidor room with lockers, small galley area and office. The rest will be devoted to a large room for our monthly meetings.

On Tuesday we went up to CT to a hotel liquidator and bought about 25-30k of furniture for 3500.00!! Actually I feel like we stole it. Pics at http://www.priveye.com/cigar. We bought 100 upholstered banquet chairs, 24 club chairs, 2 smaller club chairs, 8 different end tables, 3 wood pedestal tables we are converting into poker tables and two oval coffee tables. Some of the stuff is Drexel and other high end manufacturers.

We raised, in hand, 43k and are opening up our bank account tomorrow.

So we are moving along with the new club and we are all very excited about it.

Roscoe
    http://www.metrocigar.com
    "Crisis occurs when women and cattle get excited"...James Thurber

I think it was you talking about this somewhere else,is this the club in Fair Haven,NJ?
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

It is going to be in Fairfield, NJ near Wayne, Montville and right off 46.
    "Crisis occurs when women and cattle get excited"...James Thurber

Ahhhh,thank you.I remember now.
    Bobalouie lives up there in Little Falls,I will be there Saturday.I told him about your place and suggested he join for those bad weather days or when he is bored at home.If I lived closer I would join,sounds like fun.

good luck with your venture.:)
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

Thread Information