Thread: who makes humidors ? are they all the same?

1. Default who makes humidors ? are they all the same?

I been looking for a bigger humidor. I notice alot of online retailers carry similar looking humidors.
    If 2 humidors from 2 different sellers - look the same - are they the same ? I notice one retailer might be cheaper- and the product looks the same as the one that costs a bit more else where - but are they the exact same ?

bob
    Last edited by pinheadbob2002; 03-19-2006 at 08:51 PM.

2. Default

Most humidors are made in china and are OK. . Real nice ones from Ireland ect usually cost over 1,000$

Look at a Sams club if you have one. IDC makes decent chineese humidors that usually hold 75-100 cigars. 2 years ago I picked up 24- 100 count humis for 12$ ea on clearance at a Sams club. sold tghem at no profit to friends . I would offer one but they be gone now
    The older I get ,the better I was

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    Most humidors are made in china and are OK. . Real nice ones from Ireland ect usually cost over 1,000$

Look at a Sams club if you have one. IDC makes decent chineese humidors that usually hold 75-100 cigars. 2 years ago I picked up 24- 100 count humis for 12$ ea on clearance at a Sams club. sold tghem at no profit to friends . I would offer one but they be gone now
    thanks for the info.

Here are 2 humidors from 2 different online retailers:

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchan...ode=LGHUMIDORS

http://www.tampahumidor.com/sitedire...2BBA8D304B9859

there are other examples- with other resellers - i do not want to post them all.

So are they the exact same humidor ? or do they just look alike ?

bigpoppapuff Guest

the cuban crafters boxes are very nice...and not pricey...

5. Default

Look the same to me,within 2 $ of each other. I belive there are importers who import these by the cargo container load. Look at cubancrafters.com they have some excellent and reasonably priced huidors and they are nice in the hand as I have seen and handled a many a humidor at my local shop.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    the cuban crafters boxes are very nice...and not pricey...
    I notice other humidors -that look exactly like cuban crafters's humidors and are a little cheaper - are they the same as cuban crafters?

As an FYI - i own a cuban craftets humidor - I can tell you for a fact the hygrometer in mine is a POS.

bob
    Last edited by pinheadbob2002; 03-19-2006 at 09:25 PM.

7. Default

Look the same to me,within 2 $ of each other. I belive there are importers who import these by the cargo container load. Look at cubancrafters.com they have some excellent and reasonably priced huidors and they are nice in the hand as I have seen and handled a many a humidor at my local shop.
    I own a cuban crafter-
    thanks for the info . I figured they where imported.

Blog Entries

So are they the exact same humidor ? or do they just look alike ?
    They are the same humidor. That's the humidor I own; I absolutely love it!

If you want that humidor, here is what you do. You know you can get it at cheaphumidors for $137.99. Go to CBid and keep watch. They put one of these humidors up every cycle (of course, you know about CBid's cycles, right?) Keep watching until the very day they put the "Havanna Foot Locker" up for sale. Bid $137 on it. You will probably win. Or just buy it from CheapHumidors.

I got my Foot Locker for $106.00. Best purchase I've made to date. It really holds 300 cigars easily, not really 400-500 unless you put them in the bottom without the boxes, but then how would you ever get to those on the bottom?
    puro pot pass VI loser

9. Default

One day you will reach a time in your cigar smoking evolution where RH dont mean a damn thing. Hygrometers are for the most part useless as teats on a screen door of a submarine and we all know damn well anything above 65 RH is tooooo damn wet. I hardly look at my diamond crown hygro..... except to move it from cooler to cooler to check accasionally

K7

10. Default

One day you will reach a time in your cigar smoking evolution where RH dont mean a damn thing. Hygrometers are for the most part useless as teats on a screen door of a submarine and we all know damn well anything above 65 RH is tooooo damn wet. I hardly look at my diamond crown hygro..... except to move it from cooler to cooler to check accasionally

K7

the hygrometer in my CC humidor - goes right threw my humidor- so if it does not seal right-my humidor does not hold anything ;)

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by illilli
    They are the same humidor. That's the humidor I own; I absolutely love it!

If you want that humidor, here is what you do. You know you can get it at cheaphumidors for $137.99. Go to CBid and keep watch. They put one of these humidors up every cycle (of course, you know about CBid's cycles, right?) Keep watching until the very day they put the "Havanna Foot Locker" up for sale. Bid $137 on it. You will probably win. Or just buy it from CheapHumidors.

I got my Foot Locker for $106.00. Best purchase I've made to date. It really holds 300 cigars easily, not really 400-500 unless you put them in the bottom without the boxes, but then how would you ever get to those on the bottom?

thanks - that was the info i was looking for

I am not looking for that humidor i posted. I was looking for information, so when i buy my larger humidor - I will feel at ease.
    Most likely I will get something custom made. but if I decide to buy off the self - I will know I can save a few buck by shopping around.
    I notice alot of retailers online- say the humidors they sell are only made for them. But I notice all the online retailers sell humidors that look like other online retailers humidors.

bob

If your hygros don't seem to work right just spend th ebucks on some heartfelt beads. I put them in all my humidors and now they all are just fine. It's worth the investment

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BunkyX
    If your hygros don't seem to work right just spend th ebucks on some heartfelt beads. I put them in all my humidors and now they all are just fine. It's worth the investment
    lot of good info.

it is not that it does not work right ( but it does not) . It goes threw my humidor. since it it plastic - and falls apart easly- it might be a potentail for a leak down the road.
    More then likely - when i find a nice brass one- I will replace it.

bob

Quote Originally Posted by pinheadbob2002
    lot of good info.

it is not that it does not work right ( but it does not) . It goes threw my humidor. since it it plastic - and falls apart easly- it might be a potentail for a leak down the road.
    More then likely - when i find a nice brass one- I will replace it.
    through, easily, potential, than

BTW - if you want to make sure it seals properly, may want to consider hot-glue sticking it in from the inside. Creates a good seal.

One comment on deep boxes like that is you might have to rotate the sticks more often to make sure they all get moisture (or put a Dry Mistat or Heartfelt Bead Stick in the middle of the stick pile).

Good luck.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101
    through, easily, potential, than

BTW - if you want to make sure it seals properly, may want to consider hot-glue sticking it in from the inside. Creates a good seal.

One comment on deep boxes like that is you might have to rotate the sticks more often to make sure they all get moisture (or put a Dry Mistat or Heartfelt Bead Stick in the middle of the stick pile).

Good luck.
    Wow
    now that is a great idea !
    the gauge is made up of 3 plastic parts plus the gauge it self. I could glue the gauge together- and garantee it will not be the weak link in my humidor's seal . Even though my question had nothing to do with this - thanks for the great info .

Thread Information