Thread: Old Virginia Tobacco Company

Blog Entries

Default Old Virginia Tobacco Company

I just got off the phone talking to Justin of the Old Virginia Tobacco Company (OVTC). I was recently referred to this company's website where I bought some nice VSG Sorcerers. I was checking up on my order which shipped via UPS the day after I ordered it. Justin was a great guy who let me play 20 dumb questions with him:

Q: You have a large selection of singles listed on your website; do you update your website with current inventory?

A: Yes and No. We update the website with all the cigars we carry along with their current prices. However, we may not have the listed cigars in inventory at the time of order. If we don't have a particular cigar that you ordered, we notify you right away via e-mail and you can always call our Toll Free Number (1-800-999-6882) and ask if we have it. We have 7 stores and a mail order business, so we move a fair volume of cigars and therefore, have a pretty robust inventory.

Q: Your prices for rare singles is MSRP or below. Why don't you price gouge?

A: The suggested price is given to us and that's what we charge. We don't feel a need to price gouge our customers. We appreciate our customers and value their business.

Q: Can I smoke in all of your stores?

A: Yes, all of our stores are located in Virginia and you may smoke in the store.

Q: A couple of your stores are located fairly close to me - about an hour away; how is the Pentagon City store?

A: That is one of our smallest stores. Many people say it has a quaint atmosphere because of its small size. The mall is beautiful and Metro accessible.

Q: How far is the store from the actual Metro Stop?

A: The Metro stop is right below the mall, so very close and all indoors.

Well, there you have it. I just wanted to share some information about this company. I think I will be doing more business with them. There prices are not the cheapest available, but they don't try to price gouge you over MSRP either.

(Disclaimer: While I have a pretty good memory, it is not a tape recorder. The answers provided by Justin of OVTC are approximate representations of his responses and NOT his actual words. It is possible that I completely fabricated every part of this post. However, I did not; I tried to make it as accurate as my memory allowed. See my Name's Forum Title at the top for confidence.)
    Last edited by illilli; 03-21-2006 at 11:37 AM.
    puro pot pass VI loser

Great post, I too live in Maryland just out side of the District (Bethesda/Silver Sprung) but frequently find my self in VA and DC. Its like one big state with 3 different set of rules. I'll have to chek out this store in P City soon.

Ya know what - I didn't even realize there was an OVTC in Pentagon City. I sometimes go to the one at Dulles Town Center. What I used to do was get single sticks from the Fair Oaks mall shop (John B Hayes) but with this site... my eyes have been opened wide... and my wallet has been drained deep...

We should get together one of these days - at that pool hall that you were talking about or at these tobacco shops.

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101
    Ya know what - I didn't even realize there was an OVTC in Pentagon City. I sometimes go to the one at Dulles Town Center. What I used to do was get single sticks from the Fair Oaks mall shop (John B Hayes) but with this site... my eyes have been opened wide... and my wallet has been drained deep...

We should get together one of these days - at that pool hall that you were talking about or at these tobacco shops.
    Defintly. I frequent Bethesda Tobacco in, well... Bethesda, and Drapers in DC when I get a chance. Matt, John and Dave are great guys who help my girlfriend out with a couple of fundraisers. Mike at Bethesda Tobacco is a great guy too who runs a great shop. But I'd be into meeting anywhere we can smoke cigars. PM me.

5. Default

Sounds like you've found yourself a good shop!

Good shops are worth their weight in gold...

Blog Entries

While I've never been to any of their stores, I've heard great things about OVTC. Lee, the site owner of CigarSnobs speaks very highly of these guys.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Thanks for the tip. Next time I am in Richmond on a work trip, I'll have to check that place out.

Thanks for the info..... that's what this place is all about
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Blog Entries

Thanks for the info. I'll have to remember this place the next time I'm in D.C. Which will not be for a few years!

Midlothian, Virginia in the Subs. Longwood University....in FARMVILLE Virginia....

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie
    Thanks for the tip. Next time I am in Richmond on a work trip, I'll have to check that place out.
    Yea man, jsut let me know, and ill show u around to some other great stores in Richmond. There are lots of different stores around my area, but the best tend to be in the city.
    "After a truly good meal, an outstanding cigar is still the most satisfying after-dinner activity that doesn't involve two human beings."
    Brad Shaw

"Pull out a Montecristo at a dinner party and the political liberal turns into the nicotine facist."
    -- Martyn Harris

1 termite
    +1 raisin

OK,
    I just placed an order with them for a bunch of singles. I hope it all goes well.
    Bobalouie
    smoke um if you got um

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bobalouie
    OK,
    I just placed an order with them for a bunch of singles. I hope it all goes well.
    Bobalouie
    I've never ordered anything from them, but I have been into one of the stores when I was in DC. The guys working there were SUPER nice, it made a really good impression on me. Hopefully they are just as good to order from.

-Mike

Thread Information