Thread: Antique Cigar Punch...experts needed

1. Default Antique Cigar Punch...experts needed

Hi,

A metal detecting friend of mine dug this item in a mid-1800s homesite and we were trying to ID it...after several might be's and could be's for the ICCo. monogram, Cigar Co. came to mind and after looking at it, it occured to me that this item could be a cigar punch...IS IT? Any help would be appreciated...Is there a link or website that may show these if it is? Thanks for looking.

Greg

Post a pic, lets take a look at it.

3. Default Did the picture not show?? Here's a link...

Hummm...sorry, thought I posted a picture in the original post. Here's a link to it.

http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/cgi-....pl?read=83011

Greg

Link shows in the post for me FYI.

As to the question itself, I don't know, but cool post!

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Blog Entries

Oh I love a challenge! I don't think it is a cigar punch doubt that very much. I emailed a few of my colleges and I have also emailed the Cast Iron Co. I know you said it is made of lead but I need to check something out. It looks like a pin that would go between two metal holes keeping the items mated. I think it does have something to do with a Lateran, but I have not ruled out the item being associated with the rail road. It also could be a key. Those are my queses
    Last edited by cinda; 03-23-2006 at 02:03 PM.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Blog Entries

What I got so far is someone thinks it is made by Colt Industry Co. They think its a touch hole cleaner for a canon or some type of weapon.

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

to make it endure

Would make a great Ball marker !
    "Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar."
    -- Mark Twain

8. Default

Probably the most important thing other than the mongram/initials on it is the size and metal it's made of. It's definately not lead, because lead actually rots, and that looks corroded. Also, from the size it looks too small to be a cigar punch, and too small to be large fire arm related (unless perhaps it has something to do with flint locks or other powder loaded arms).

Is the part below the initaled flat piece round? If it is like it looks it could be some kind of a pin, and the initals/monogram could be someones name or their company name.

I'm not much up on fire arms pre-1900s, but I don't think it's a Colt product, because as far as I know Colt has always been Colt Industries, Inc. However, I could be totally wrong if Colt was Colt Indrusties Co. pre 1900s.

Blog Entries

to make it endure

10. Default

If I read that right they were Colt's Patent Fire Arms Mfg. Co, then Colt Firearms, Co and then reorganized into Cold Industries, Inc. That would mean that the initals for the companies would be CPFAMC, CFC, or CII respectively, assuming "CIC" as "Colt Industries, Co". If I'm totally smoking crack on this one, feel free to quote a passage that I missed reading the Colt history link you posted.

Thread Information