Thread: 1st Annual Salt Lake City Herf and Surf

Default 1st Annual Salt Lake City Herf and Surf

Join us for the inaugural Herf and Surf event in Salt Lake City next Saturday evening. This gathering is sure to be huge so R.S.V.P. asap. Johnny G. from the Brethren of the 12 is hosting along with his 7 wives. World renowned cigar maker Levi Smith will be present introducing his new line – The “Mormon Maduro”- rated a 93 by Conservative Insider Magazine!

$69 per person will get you 6 cigars (the number six is based on the average number of children in a Utah household), a Turf Dinner- Brine Shrimp Scampi- fresh from the Great Salt Lake accompanied by Funeral Potatoes and Green Jello Salad (both local favorites). Music will be provided by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir with a guest appearance from Donny Osmond himself.

Since smoking is not allowed in any public places, we will gather in Latter Day Larry’s backyard to conclude this wonderful evening. Raffle prizes include several home-spun quilts, two pigs, one lamb and a circa 1867 chastity belt.

Let me know if anyone needs a ride. My neighbor has a sweet mini-van that will hold 7 people.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders
    Join us for the inaugural Herf and Surf event in Salt Lake City next Saturday evening. This gathering is sure to be huge so R.S.V.P. asap. Johnny G. from the Brethren of the 12 is hosting along with his 7 wives. World renowned cigar maker Levi Smith will be present introducing his new line – The “Mormon Maduro”- rated a 93 by Conservative Insider Magazine!

$69 per person will get you 6 cigars (the number six is based on the average number of children in a Utah household), a Turf Dinner- Brine Shrimp Scampi- fresh from the Great Salt Lake accompanied by Funeral Potatoes and Green Jello Salad (both local favorites). Music will be provided by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir with a guest appearance from Donny Osmond himself.

Since smoking is not allowed in any public places, we will gather in Latter Day Larry’s backyard to conclude this wonderful evening. Raffle prizes include several home-spun quilts, two pigs, one lamb and a circa 1867 chastity belt.

Let me know if anyone needs a ride. My neighbor has a sweet mini-van that will hold 7 people.
    First Annual? Don't you have to wait for the 2nd one to start using 'Annual'? Good luck and smart move not mentioning the open bar and chocolate dessert.

Damn, this sounds like a rocking good time....... I wish I lived in Utah
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

...funeral potatoes...

When I was last out there the local TV station during the newscast did a thing on funeral potatoes... I had not idea what they were until that piece.

Too friggen funny, James... Having visited there I fully understand where you're coming from!!!

Um, no Mormon beans? I can't hang without Mormon beans.
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

Quote Originally Posted by NullSmurf
    Um, no Mormon beans? I can't hang without Mormon beans.
    Unfortunately, the crickets wreaked havoc on our bean crop last year. Not even the seagulls could save those poor little beans.

The good news is that I still have two empty seats in the minvan (-aka- Mormon Assault Vehicle) if anyone wants to tag along.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

I could have convinced my wife that this weekend is the time to visit her sister in Provo. However, I have kitchen remodeling and a driveway going in this weekend. Dang!
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

One empty seat still left in the van.

--Drive-By Truckers

Thread Information