Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deals Deals Deals

1. Default Deals Deals Deals

Cigar Lovers, take notice....

Since RTDA 2005, I've been working on a revolutionary online B2B business model that is sure to fire things up at the retail level. I approached some big names at last year's convention that loved the idea of making some hard-to-get deals available to smaller shops across the country. It's a fairly simple concept in which all who participate can save some serious cash.

But I won't do the song and dance here. Visit our site for more information.
    www.cigarliquidator.com

Read about what we're doing, sign up, and wait for the deals. If you've got any questions, feel free to email me.

H
    Last edited by CigarLiquidator; 04-03-2006 at 02:25 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CigarLiquidator
    Cigar Lovers, take notice....

Since RTDA 2005, I've been working on a revolutionary online B2B business model that is sure to fire things up at the retail level. I approached some big names at last year's convention that loved the idea of making some hard-to-get deals available to smaller shops across the country. It's a fairly simple concept in which all who participate can save some serious cash.

But I won't do the song and dance here. Visit our site for more information.
    www.cigarliquidator.com

Read about what we're doing, sign up, and wait for the deals. If you've got any questions, feel free to email me.

H
    blah, blah, blah....

I went to your site and you didn't say ANYTHING! We are getting unspecified deals with unspecified, unspecified types of unspecified groups to get unspecified cigar-related unspecified stuff. "Join up and we will tell you more."

You had your chance to tell me more at your website and you didn't tell me squat! If I am going to waste my time to actually click on your link (which was your goal), I should get something for my effort. You gave me nothing, and you know what? I bet you never will give me anything.

Where there is asshat advertiser smoke, there is asshat advertiser fire; and you sir, are smouldering like a mofo!!
    puro pot pass VI loser

3. Default

Whoa.. Tough crowd.

Now tell us how you really feel.

All kidding aside, though, if there's something you didn't understand, please let me know. If you're not clear as to what we're offering, chances are others aren't either. Although the general response to the program has been favorable, we can certainly improve on it.

In a nutshell, we're offering a service in which cigar manufacturers will have a direct pipeline to every tobacconist in the US for inside deals that would ultimately be passed on to you, the consumer. Your peripheral participation will allow you to know about cigars and accessories that manufacturers are offering. Should you have interest in them, we'll let you know who made the purchase and how to contact them. There's more, but it's blah blah blah.

As far as your colorful comments, the last time I burst into a tapestry of profanity like that towards someone, I gave the person the benefit of knowing them for a few years. You, sir, don't know me. Of course, I'm new to the board so I'm not aware of your protocol. But if new guys get welcoming messages like that one, I imagine they don't stick around too long. Kind of ruins the ride. Don't you think?

you gettin' any?

Blog Entries

Whoa.. Tough crowd.

Now tell us how you really feel.

All kidding aside, though, if there's something you didn't understand, please let me know. If you're not clear as to what we're offering, chances are others aren't either. Although the general response to the program has been favorable, we can certainly improve on it.

In a nutshell, we're offering a service in which cigar manufacturers will have a direct pipeline to every tobacconist in the US for inside deals that would ultimately be passed on to you, the consumer. Your peripheral participation will allow you to know about cigars and accessories that manufacturers are offering. Should you have interest in them, we'll let you know who made the purchase and how to contact them. There's more, but it's blah blah blah.

As far as your colorful comments, the last time I burst into a tapestry of profanity like that towards someone, I gave the person the benefit of knowing them for a few years. You, sir, don't know me. Of course, I'm new to the board so I'm not aware of your protocol. But if new guys get welcoming messages like that one, I imagine they don't stick around too long. Kind of ruins the ride. Don't you think?
    I didn't intend to be hard on you as a person. I'm sure you are a great guy. Do you smoke cigars? What do you like? I would not mind at all to get to know you as a person.

However, you did not come onto this site as a person, but rather as a business. I make NO apology for how hard I scrutinize OR criticize you in that regard. I would be a potential customer in that case AND the customer is always right, right?. I did not directly call your business an asshat business, but rather alluded to that possibility based on your lack of hard content. I understand perfectly WHAT you are doing. It doesn't take a website to explain it. You, however, did not give any details. So, I have to ask, "So what? Why do I care?" Why don't you come back when you have some "cigar manufacturers" or tell us who you have so far. What specific "tobacconist" do you have contacts with?

(Imagine Samual L. Jackson saying this.) One last point, if you don't mind: I can use profanity on this site if I choose. This is OUR site and it is regulated by OUR members. If you are offended by the terms "asshat" or "mofo" then maybe this site is not your cup of tea. I even apologize for using those offensive terms in relation to your business. However, I don't HAVE to apologize; I just choose to. I appreciate your elegant reponse and I will try to not to resort to any vulgarities while communcating with you. So, yes, tough crowd..., but we can gentle things down for you.
    Last edited by illilli; 04-04-2006 at 10:33 AM.
    puro pot pass VI loser

5. Default

Fair enough. Apology accepted.

I'm running late for a meeting here so I won't go into the specifics you requested yet. FWIW, I also appreciate your response and look forward to chatting.

Not that I'd go out picking curtains with you but it's a start.

Later.

you gettin' any?

Quote Originally Posted by From the Website
    Consumers:

Join our mailing list now!
    Think we have the true purpose of the website in question. This thing don't pass the stink test and looks like nothing more than a email harvesting gimmick site. New website in May? Betcha it's gone by May and anyone who registers there will increase their inbound spam by 1000%.

No profile info. No introduction. No business or personal information on the website either. Anyone signs up with this clown deserves what they get.

Peddle your horseshit outa here. And if we are wrong about you, come back in May when you have something legitimate to present to people and I will retract my statements.

But I won't be holding my breath.

I'm running late for a meeting here so I won't go into the specifics you requested yet.
    Gee, never heard that one before.....

bigpoppapuff Guest

i agree with what illliillli and shag have said....who are you??....maybe,just maybe,someone here can help you in your quest.
    i see you're trying to get brokers involved...have you talked with any??.....i happen to be one and could put you in touch with others if you hadn't come on here seemingly riding a high horse....

wanna hang with us??........let us know a little bit about you...you're correct...we tend to be a tough crowd.....we see a lot of spam here.....maybe you're not..maybe you have a great idea...the next move is yours...

Such as it was, here is the thread on CP. It left me wondering about this business model.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/inde...opic=20509&hl=
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

Blog Entries

One of my pet peeves is businesses that try to do business with me without telling me the truth or letting me interact with them in a meaningful matter.

Microsoft is a great example. While I love many Microsoft products, they intentionally put up barriers to my meaningful communication and they lie to me. They tell me that they are trying to help me on MSDN, but their whole site is, more often than not, NOT helpful. They give me surveys asking for my opinion, but they have yet to A.) respond to me or B.) implement ANY of my helpful suggestions. So, they lied to me again; they are NOT interested in my opinion. (OK, I'm being a little melodramatic.)

Now, we have CigarLiquidators. I reached out to the guy, but he hasn't even made one little effort to respond to my meaningful communication. He reminds me of someone I used to know that went on to become a con artist...smooth talking, bullshit artist (This might even be that guy....are you Shawn Lawson? ....hey, I have seen some crazy coincidences!) The guy is arrogant and NOT interested in this forum whatsoever. It kind of pisses me off.
    puro pot pass VI loser

Let's see I am going to muse for a moment......there is a post about a new cigar website, then when some visits the site, which I have not done, there are no cigars for sale on the site. The purpose of the site has been exclaimed here and other places to collect e-mail for spam. No response from the site. How many more people will visit? Perhaps the strategy does not work.

What's the point for us? We visit local B&M's anyway was this intended for them? How many boxes of OOOHHHH let's say AF BTL's will be available now at the local B&M? I can get all of the branded bullschmidt cigars that don't sell already. Nice try, but unless there is full disclosure and something real to offer with no hidden agenda.....buuubyyye.
    Last edited by golfgar; 04-04-2006 at 02:41 PM.

bigpoppapuff Guest

tough crowd,huh,liquidator??..........ROFLMFFAO!!!!!!...

Is it just me or do these responses seem tobaccoworld'ish?

IP check on this Hex?

Fair enough. Apology accepted.

I'm running late for a meeting here so I won't go into the specifics you requested yet. FWIW, I also appreciate your response and look forward to chatting.

Not that I'd go out picking curtains with you but it's a start.

Later.
    It seems we have our new asshat for the week and it's only Tuesday. I'm not interested in any shit sandwiches. Thanks anyway, now fuck off!

15. Default

Hi Humberto , tough crowd sometimes.

Kevin7 (yeah that Kevin7)
    The older I get ,the better I was

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    Hi Humberto , tough crowd sometimes.

Kevin7 (yeah that Kevin7)
    Wow, Kev...

How'd you know it was me? I was trying real hard to keep a low profile.

Then again, I probably let the cat out of the bag on HP. Didn't I?

What's a guy need to do to get a little respect around here anyway?

you gettin' any?

17. Default

I dunno Humberto , it seems this nice board is the target of some weird spammers and the whole board views new members soliciting anything as spam until otherwise proven. Nothing personal against you bro.

Hey the rest of you guys , CigarLiquidator is a stand up guy worthy of my respect and is nowhere near anything resembling an asshat . I promise. Him having your email addy will be of great usefulness soon I belive.

K7
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    I dunno Humberto , it seems this nice board is the target of some weird spammers and the whole board views new members soliciting anything as spam until otherwise proven. Nothing personal against you bro.

Hey the rest of you guys , CigarLiquidator is a stand up guy worthy of my respect and is nowhere near anything resembling an asshat . I promise. Him having your email addy will be of great usefulness soon I belive.

K7
    Alright Humberto, I'll sign up. k7 is a stand-up, asshat killing, take no shit kinda guy. If he says your cool then thats all I need.

Welcome to Cigarsmokers

And he's right, we get some weird ass folks sliding through here trying to paw all sorts of crap off on us.

I tried to sign up but got this

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>
    Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

same error here...
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Thread Information