Thread: Thompsons Brand . . . Good or Bad??

Default Thompsons Brand . . . Good or Bad??

Ok so I am a NOOB to the wide world of cigars. In the last 4 months or so I have smoked a wide variety of cigars, from $3 to $15 per stick, and with very few exceptions I found pleasurable qualities in almost every one.

I have ordered some products from Thompsons but never any of their TC label cigars. I know that Thompson has TC labeled cigars and those blends with an actual name and the Tompson name on them as well.

A good friend and long-time cigar smoker tells me the TC Banded cigars are fine cigars especially for the price.

Does anyone out there have any expereince with these? I do not want to buy what I heard someone call "Doggy Rockets" regardless of the price.

Thanks

2. Default

i would stay away from them,their prices are about the highest you'll find and they will charge above retail on some cigars.i learned the hard way.
    try jrcigars,lacigar,fullerspullers,or cigarsinternational instead.
    you can get bundled seconds or overruns of name brands like perdomo for under $2 a stick from CI.

Default Ditto on Luke Ford's comment.........

Thompson's is a rip-off.

I have never seen higher catalog prices in my life than I have seen at Thompson's. I have tried a couple of their house brands (which seems to make up about 40% of their catalog) and they were dog rockets.

Stay away.

Sorry Thompson's! My opinion!

4. Default Agreed, but house labels *can* be good smokes

I'm in complete agreement with the thompson's comments - but I think that some house labels can be decent smokes. Caribe makes some good cigars for their house-label distribution program. They make a label for this cigar shop that are pretty good smokes.

Personally, I rarely smoke house labels - only to change things up and keep myself from getting burned out on my favorites. But I'm a graphic designer by trade and thought the logos on these cigars were pretty cool

Filipino, born and raised. Now living in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada

been hearing a lot of negatives on Thompson's, so I've never really bothered to deal with them to save me some trouble. I have found a really good site that has good stock, low prices and good customer service. Ordered from them once and it came on time and the sticks were in perfect condition. The shop is Famous Smoke. The URL below.

http://www.famous-smoke.com

i suggest you give them a try.
    You are what you eat. That's why I'm a fat bastard.

I just got a catalog from famous smokes and their prices seem pretty good. I am more than likely going to give them a try on my next order....nice to hear a good review of their service....thanx chris.

Thanks for all the info.

I ahve ordered from Thompsons . . . just not their brand before. So far all I have ordered were some samplers. Great price too. After checking around their box prices are alot higher. As with anything you have to shop around to get the best prices.

Thanks again guys/gals.

8. Default Froogle a Great Way to Find Good Prices

I've been able to find some good prices by running searches on Froogle...

Type in Ashton VSG for example and then click "Price Low to High" in the left hand menu. That sorts by best price and Voila! Beats sifting through the top 50 organic results and looking through each product one by one.

Anybody else try famous-smoke.com that Chrisboy recommended? I'm looking for a reliable online dealer, and my highest priority is finding a place who sends cigars in good, no great condition. Good prices are my second priority.

I'm also looking at seriouscigars.com and tbs-cigars.com

Any comments on your experiences with these places or others would be helpful!

i usually order from www.cigarbid.com or www.cigarsinternational.com

their the same company... 2 different stores

i havent had any problems with their shipping.
    -=JStrider=-
    ~a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. -- Rudyard Kipling

~Clatto Verata Nicto

Blog Entries

Sorry for the shameless plug, but I own and operate http://www.caminoviejo.com, although my selection is currently a bit limited, I pride my self in storing cigars in optimal conditions and offer free shipping with every order. I’ve been open for just under a year now and have some excellent, happy customers.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Thompson's actually got me started with cigars. I responded to an insert add for a humidor and some cigars. I got a nice 50 count humidor, a lighter, cutter, and 50 house brand cigars for around $40. The cigars were OK but the humidor has worked great (unlike some others - see other post ). I was in their cigar club for a time and got some nice Drew Estates smokes for a decent price.

I recently ordered a sampler pack from Famous Smokes after I saw an ad in the paper. The cigars arrived quickly, well packaged, and in good shape and they have been excellent. I got a catalog with the order and I'll most likely be trying some of their other samplers in the near future.

I also have ordered from Cigars International with good results.

Michael

I've bought from Cigar Internationl, no problems.

I also like Lil' Brown Smoke Shack (www.lilbrown.com) where I picked up a nice box of Montecristo Platinum Por Delacroix (Tube) delivered for $94.50 (best price I could find). Although now I see that you must call for the price.

Have also bought from www.gttobacco.com and had no problems there.

Default Anybody tried these?

Was browsing through lilbrown and came accross these. They don't have descriptions of the cigars so I thought I'd check here. I can't find these at any other site.

https://www.lilbrown.com/Premium-Gra...AN-ESTATES.htm

Cigar International & Famous Smoke Shop have been a real value to me. Very good in both quality and price.
    grey

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flushh
    Anybody else try famous-smoke.com that Chrisboy recommended? I'm looking for a reliable online dealer, and my highest priority is finding a place who sends cigars in good, no great condition. Good prices are my second priority.

I'm also looking at seriouscigars.com and tbs-cigars.com

Any comments on your experiences with these places or others would be helpful!
    I've bought from Famous-Smoke, CigarsInternational, SeriousCigars, JRCigars, AtlanticCigars and they're all fine. Never any problems with any of them.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-24-2005 at 05:41 PM.

I just received my order from www.cigarking.com , great prices and fast delivery

I also use www.cigarbid.com , but that's addictive.....

Thread Information