OK, this is what I'll consider my first true review.

I looked for a strong smoke to follow a supper laden with herbs and spices. I chose this one because I'd read somewhere CAO were medium to strong.

Initial Impressions:

The person who made this knew what he/she was doing. It felt great in my hands, it was very firm, yet had a little give to it. The wrapper was dark and felt nice and oily. It had a pleasant scent I couldn't identify, maybe because there were several odours mixed together. I asked the Bride what it smells like, and she said "Like Shawney's (our Lab) breath!!" When I clipped the end I noticed how firm it was to cut, and how consistant the fillers were rolled. It was a beautiful thing. The pre-light draw was nice, just a little looser than I would prefer.

Lighting:
As I was toasting the end, I was immediately hit with an awesome aroma. I thought "This is gonna be good". It lit easily and was pleasant, if not a bit milder than I had expected, from the start.

Burn:
It had possibly the most perfect burn the whole way of anything I've smoked yet. The ash was a very light grey, and very firm. I tapped the ash off twice for the whole smoke and it had maybe an inch of ash when I laid it to rest.

Flavour:

The best way I can describe it was some sort of wood, with some spice (maybe pepper) mixed in. While a bit on the mild side of medium at the beginning (IMHO), it got consistantly stronger all the way through to where the best way I can describe it is "heady". At the very end I started to get the "menthol" effect so I knew it had lived a nice life.

Final Impressions:

This was the first cigar I can truly say I "nubbed". By the time I put it in the ashtray, my fingers and lips we starting to burn. To me, it was one of the finest smokes I've treated myself to, and would recommend it to just about anyone. Once I build a coolidor or get a big (2-300) humi, I will definately have a special place for this one right next to a little collection of ISOMs

Rating:

I would have to give it between an 85 - 90 score. Note I wanted to give it higher, but I know there has to be many more better than this, but in my state of Newbieness, I just haven't gotten to them yet.