Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Cubans!

1. Default Free Cubans!

.................................................. .........
    .................................................. ..................
    .................................................. .........................
    .................................................. ...............................
    .................................................. ..........................................
    .................................................. .................................................. ....
    .................................................. .................................................. ..............

So don't y'all think the cubans should be free so they could produce cigars which we could legally enjoy?
    Anyway, first post so I suppose I will introduce myself, I been lurking for a short while.
    My name is Alex, I'm 21, I live in MN and I just started smoking cigars. Its kind of a long story but I just finished treatment (recovering addict/alcoholic) and I needed something to obsess over besides fine spirits and beer, so I picked up a Macanudo. I know most of you "afficionados" probably turn your nose up at them but they are a damn good smoke for a newb. Anyhow, I havn't smoked too many cigars, matter of fact I can list them:
    1. Macanudo
    2. Macanudo Maduro
    3. Artue Fuente Curly Head
    4. Artue Fuente Hemingway classic
    5. Natural Dirt
    6. Acid blonde
    Just smoked the Hemmingway today actually, hopped on my motorcycle (Honda CBR600RR) and headed down to a cigar shop/lounge. Very mellow and tasty. Anyhow I've been enjoying reading the forumns, and if any of you could recomend a cigar for a newb that would be cool. Oh ya, i also just ordered the "90+ sampler" from cigarsinternational, looked like a good deal.

Lata
    oh ya, and try to free a cuban off a banna boat

Come again? I cannot understand some of that shit! If you are a true beginner and seriously into cigars, I have a few suggestions. bigpoppapuff will jump your ass any time now regarding the Macanudos.

A few good to very good smokes in the mild range, IMO, are:

Sancho Panza Cabaleros
    Cuesta Rey naturals
    Baccarats
    Hoyo de Monterey originals
    Montecristo originals

The Drew Estate naturals are an o.k. start. The Fuentes,- even better.

Welcome, provided that you are not an assmunch. Time will tell.

Edited to add: Stay away from the Acids. They will strip your taste buds and make you form womanly nipples on your chest. But then again, if you are a wine cooler kind of guy, stick with them. Just consider joining a different forum- cottoncandyassmunchers.com is a great stomping ground.
    Last edited by slcraiders; 04-05-2006 at 08:25 PM.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

3. Default

Uh.... it was a joke, forgive me, let me clarify: I beleive the cuban people (Cubans) should be liberated from Fidel Castro so they would have a free market with which to trade with USA. Anyway its all a bunch of BS if you ask me. So USA has a grudge against Fidel... why take it out on the Cuban people, since they are the ones effected by economic conditions? Politics are a quagmire... hope this cleared things up?

OK, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt........

Welcome from Queens, NY
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

bigpoppapuff Guest

macanudo's,huh........

hmmmmm.....

i'm gonna stand on the sidelines here for a bit.......this better get better,if you know what i mean...

Blog Entries

This should get intersting.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven
    Uh.... it was a joke, forgive me, let me clarify: I beleive the cuban people (Cubans) should be liberated from Fidel Castro so they would have a free market with which to trade with USA. Anyway its all a bunch of BS if you ask me. So USA has a grudge against Fidel... why take it out on the Cuban people, since they are the ones effected by economic conditions? Politics are a quagmire... hope this cleared things up?

Welcome.

Though if you have been lurking, you'll have noticed the "humor" and/or "politics" sections in the forum. And here's some friendly advice - don't kick up any dirt the first 24 hours of joining - could get your rear handed to you on a platter.

Oh yeah - my mild picks:

Griffins and RyJ. Cheers.
    Last edited by mauied1101; 04-05-2006 at 09:09 PM. Reason: added my mild picks
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders
    Come again? I cannot understand some of that shit! If you are a true beginner and seriously into cigars, I have a few suggestions. bigpoppapuff will jump your ass any time now regarding the Macanudos.

A few good to very good smokes in the mild range, IMO, are:

Sancho Panza Cabaleros
    Cuesta Rey naturals
    Baccarats
    Hoyo de Monterey originals
    Montecristo originals

The Drew Estate naturals are an o.k. start. The Fuentes,- even better.

Welcome, provided that you are not an assmunch. Time will tell.

Edited to add: Stay away from the Acids. They will strip your taste buds and make you form womanly nipples on your chest. But then again, if you are a wine cooler kind of guy, stick with them. Just consider joining a different forum- cottoncandyassmunchers.com is a great stomping ground.
    Very funny stuff! I may start crying...

BTW, Welcome to the Forum!
    puro pot pass VI loser

I seriously doubt that you know what you believe and nobody asked you. Believe this: you get points off here for bad punctuation, mis-capping, and mis-spelling - especially intentional, cutsie, cyberspeak bullshit, like "lata", and "ya". Fucking please.

Pretentiousness won't get you very far either. Were you to spend even a 1/2 day on the internet educating yourself about the history between Cuba and the US, you'd know more than me. I know relatively little about this relationship, so your comments, which indicate that you know even less, seem uniformed, insulting, and they stereotype; e.g., "Cubans, banana boat, etc."

So, to paraphrase mauied1101, STFU, stop trying to impress, read, take some suggestions from some of these guys, beginning with a suggested smoke, sit back and relax and enjoy. Educate yourself - start with " . . . all politics is local." It'll help you out of that quagmire. Welcome and congratulations on the sobriety thing.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

10. Default

Hey, take it easy brother, you're going to bust a blood vessel! I try not to take life as seriously as some, but I feel sorry for those misfortunates that do. Yes, I know my humour may be bad at times, but seriously, its nothing to get bent out of shape about. Yes I know the history if US Cuban relations and I would prefer not to get into that, like I said I meant it as a joke. I couldn't help but notice while lurking the amount of angst towards "lesser informed" individuals so I thought I would try to get a rise. Anyhow, hope you dont lose any sleep over it. Instead of posting that trash you could have discussed cigars (that is the nature of the forumn, no?) and directed me to some cigars you may have thought I would have enjoyed, such was the nature of my question. All things aside, I hope no one was overly offended by my dry humour. I am but a mear sycophant newb in the presence of demi-god cigar overlords. Forgive me.

Hey, take it easy brother, you're going to bust a blood vessel! I try not to take life as seriously as some, but I feel sorry for those misfortunates that do. Yes, I know my humour may be bad at times, but seriously, its nothing to get bent out of shape about. Yes I know the history if US Cuban relations and I would prefer not to get into that, like I said I meant it as a joke. I couldn't help but notice while lurking the amount of angst towards "lesser informed" individuals so I thought I would try to get a rise. Anyhow, hope you dont lose any sleep over it. Instead of posting that trash you could have discussed cigars (that is the nature of the forumn, no?) and directed me to some cigars you may have thought I would have enjoyed, such was the nature of my question. All things aside, I hope no one was overly offended by my dry humour. I am but a mear sycophant newb in the presence of demi-god cigar overlords. Forgive me.
    It sounds like you're on the right track as far as cigars go(except the acids). You might also want to try some medium bodied smokes. Don't limit yourself to just mild ones. As for this forum, you may want to give guys a chance to get to know you before attempting to get a rise out of anyone. There are far to many asshats that come and go here, don't be the next one. You've been warned. Man up or move on.

Welcome to the forum!

He's giving you a run for your money, Basil.. LOL

Dude - don't take things too seriously yourself. This really is a great group of guys - but believe me, there will be plenty of time for ball-busting... LATER....

In the mean time - sit back and enjoy a smoke or three (please, no macs or Acids - it makes me sick just thinking you are smoking 'em... )

BTW - suggestion - if you're planning on buying a "sampler" from one of the many cigar websites, you may want to consider doing a newbie sampler trade here. Not that I'm trying to drum up business, but just make sure you get the best bang for your buck... I betcha if you poll those that have done a NST, you'll find they're all pretty happy with what they got...

Anyways, Welcome!!!

I call bullshit.

Hey, take it easy brother, you're going to bust a blood vessel!
    No, that would be your balls.

I try not to take life as seriously as some, but I feel sorry for those misfortunates that do.
    Condescending bullshit.

Yes, I know my humour may be bad at times, but seriously, its nothing to get bent out of shape about.
    Bent? Out of shape? <sigh> duck and cover, um . . . brother.

Yes I know the history if US Cuban relations
    I doubt it.

and I would prefer not to get into that,
    Convenient.

like I said I meant it as a joke. I couldn't help but notice while lurking the amount of angst towards "lesser informed" individuals so I thought I would try to get a rise.
    Bad move. Think again.

Anyhow, hope you dont lose any sleep over it.
    Condescending. And tedious.

Instead of posting that trash
    Wow. Interesting term, in view of your first post here. <malevolent grin spreads slowly across face> Fuck you.

you could have discussed cigars (that is the nature of the forumn, no?) and directed me to some cigars you may have thought I would have enjoyed, such was the nature of my question.
    The nature of your question is the humping of leg.

All things aside, I hope no one was overly offended by my dry humour. I am but a mear sycophant newb in the presence of demi-god cigar overlords. Forgive me.
    More condescending, leg-humping, can't-we-change-the-channel, misspelled bullshit.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    He's giving you a run for your money, Basil.. LOL
    By god I paid good money and I'll by god get my money's worth. Wait, I didn't pay anything. Oh well . . . shit.

Allright, Alex, grab some Oliva classics - kinda medium, but excellent flavor. Also, Fuente 858 naturals, Fuente Rothchilds, RJ Reserve Real, Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 - all good. Now let go of my dick and chill.
    - Tom Robbins

15. Default

Thanks for everyones helpfull suggestions. From all they hoopla surrounding acid I figured I'd give em a shot and they are total crap. My tastes are probably not as refined as most but they sucked. They smelled like a head shop though so it may be good incense. Had a blondie and kuba kuba.... dissapointed. The Natural Dirt on the other hand intrigued me. Are these flavoured? It was a good smoke for 5 bones.
    Basil, thank you for disecting my post and adding your own running comentary! It was more entertaining than "Mystery Science Theatre 3030" on sci fi. Thanks for taking so much interests in post and I look forward to you correcting my punctuation and my grammar! More helpfull than the MS paperclip guy from word! Keep up the good work.

Thanks for everyones helpfull suggestions. From all they hoopla surrounding acid I figured I'd give em a shot and they are total crap. My tastes are probably not as refined as most but they sucked. They smelled like a head shop though so it may be good incense. Had a blondie and kuba kuba.... dissapointed. The Natural Dirt on the other hand intrigued me. Are these flavoured? It was a good smoke for 5 bones.
    Basil, thank you for disecting my post and adding your own running comentary! It was more entertaining than "Mystery Science Theatre 3030" on sci fi. Thanks for taking so much interests in post and I look forward to you correcting my punctuation and my grammar! More helpfull than the MS paperclip guy from word! Keep up the good work.

I'll take the MST remark as a high compliment, albeit most likely unintended.
    - Tom Robbins

I'll say this for the guy, he seems to be able to take some shit.

As far as cigars go Rockey Patel 92's mild to medium, excellent stick as well, also I have heard the Padron 2000's are in the mild to medium range as well and you can be sure with anything Padron you'll be happy. If you want something cheap and on the medium side get yourself a Cuba Aliados I was very impressed with this smoke.

Stick it out, learn a thing or three, take some licks, bust some balls and enjoy yourself man. Oh and welcome to smokers, our little chunk of internet paradise.

Nate
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Oh, if you're not happy with Basil's correcting grammar and spelling, wait until CoventryCat rolls by... He'll make a grammarian out of you!!!

Welcome,
    I started smokeing with AVO xo's,Macanudo Portofino's,curley heads because they were cheap.
    I wont touch them now,heck,I wont usually touch a lite cigar for that matter.

Enjoy your stay and the op's origional words were taken as a light hearted joke on this end,no biggy.
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

I like the Drew Estate Natural Line. I don't believe the are flavored like his other crap. Smells more like a pipe tobacco. I tried the Root and liked it
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Thread Information