Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you drink when smoking??

coffee or espresso for me...i don't drink alcohol anymore.

if its alcohol, red wine, also like espresso and sometimes mineral water if i'm driving.

3. Default Drink

When it's non-alcoholic, it's carbonated mineral water for me. It really cleanses your palette in between puffs. When it's alcoholic, it really depends on the cigar. Try a Macallan 12, or 18 year single malt with any Hoyo de Monterrey from Havana...that's possibly my current favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by CigarMax
    When it's non-alcoholic, it's carbonated mineral water for me. It really cleanses your palette in between puffs.
    i thought i was the only one

Has to be brandy VSOP of course for general outings. When i can get my hands on some good Grapa, i have to make it a special night.
    \

Burbon or Rum with a bold cigar.

Cognac with mild cigars.

Mostly water though.

A quad espresso or diet coke...

8. Default

Drake, you're not alone. A sparkling pelligrino is excellent with a cigar. It really lets you taste the tobaccos in the cigar without inparting any additional flavors.

Quote Originally Posted by CigarMax
    Drake, you're not alone. A sparkling pelligrino is excellent with a cigar. It really lets you taste the tobaccos in the cigar without inparting any additional flavors.
    i started drinking it with my smokes recently, but also, i don't really hang out with any cigar smokers.

10. Default

Sambuca Is My Atf

after reading few of your guys' posts, i had water with a cigar for the first time. and it did seem to allow the flavor of the cigar to be tasted more. I think i'll be sticking with water now

Quote Originally Posted by havanabob
    Sambuca Is My Atf
    i tried that stuff once. never tried it again.

Greetings from East Tennessee, the answer is chared(wood charcoal) shine of course, it thats not around make it a Bud. (I may be a redneck)
    Rick
    Last edited by volshooter; 02-27-2005 at 12:07 AM. Reason: misspeeling

I drink Hennessy vsop or Johnny Walker Swing...smoking a cigar and drinking liquor is great combination.

Water for me. Although of course at a party it's Stolichnaya Oranj or Gentleman Jack. But alcohol seems to ruin the taste of a cigar for me more often than not.

Lately beer has ruined the taste of a cigar for me too. But I recall one night in a bar in Malden, MA, a quaint little neighborhood dive, my buddy and I stopped in for a couple of beers. We lit up RyJ Churchills en Tubos and man that was one of the best tasting Ryj Tubo I have had yet. Can't duplicate it to this date.

My cigar palate has become very finicky over the past few years.

I'll stick with water mostly.
    Last edited by MMAB; 07-31-2005 at 05:07 PM.

reaganyouth84 Guest

You know, I usually drink water, sometimes a beer but beer doesn't always taste great with a cigar. I opt for hard liquor, because it tastes better, and I'm an alcoholic, haha.
    -Mike

I usually don't have anything seeing as how I drive and smoke a lot, but a glass of scotch it always great with a cigar. That or sometimes even a wine.

reaganyouth84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri
    I usually don't have anything seeing as how I drive and smoke a lot, but a glass of scotch it always great with a cigar. That or sometimes even a wine.
    WHAT?!?! You mean you don't drink scotch WHILE driving?!?!
    -Mike

Amanda Guest

When I go out every couple weeks or so, I usually order one drink that I enjoy with my cigar. Other than that, I hardly ever drink an alcoholic beverage. This is the most unusual combination you'll have heard yet, but my main cigar companion is Diet Pepsi..lol. It took awhile to get used to that duo, and I still don't do it often. I usually just smoke my cigars solo.

I have a buddy who swears by Coca Cola when he smokes. I don't mind it but I prefer water. If I am going to have alcohol whilst smoking it is usually beer, since I am out at the bar. I don't usually drink when I'm sitting around at home.

Thread Information