Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you drink when smoking??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I personaly enjoy a snifter of Hennessy or some V.S.O.P Courvoisier. What do you sip on? Edited by: Oblik
    Life is to short to b!tch...Get over it and move on.

Oh, I just remembered...I absolutly LOVE this Taquilla I found in Juarez. It is called Vertigo and it is only mad by a little shop there in the plaza by the Mercado. Ir is incredible. It comps Padron in my opinion.

Blog Entries

If I’m in a drinking mood, I like to sip on a good rum like Zaya or RL Seals (RL Seals has been harder and harder to find in my area). Most of the time, I’m happy with astrong espresso though.<O:P></O:P>

Edited by: hex1848
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

What is the price on the RL Seals? I have never heard of it and I am a big fan of rum.

Blog Entries

I used to buy it for ~$50 a bottle. It was worth its weight in gold. It’s been quite a while since I’ve been able to find it. The only retailer I’ve been able to find online that even mentions it is http://www.internetwines.com. I emailed them because the product page they have on RL Seals is basically blank.

I'll report back with anything I find out
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Expresso

Hi Robusto!!! Welcome and I hope that you will bring your friends and start posting here more! Have fun and PM mme we can talk stogies or any other subject...

Carlos

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Robusto107
    Expresso

That's "Espresso" not "Expresso."
    There's no "x" in the word.

Regards,

-Ward

Edited by: Ward Cleaver

Blog Entries

LOL, I had the same mistake in my post above. I went ahead and corrected it ;-)

Welcome to the Forum Ward! Please make yourself at home. We are still in our growing phase, hopefully as our membership increases so will the contributions.

10. Default

I have my own coffee grinder.

I buy "Starbucks House Blend - Whole Bean" and grind just 2 or 3 days
    worth at a time (so it stays fresh). I also have a Kona blend
    coffee.

I mix the "Starbucks" and Kona blend at a ratio of 2:1 (two parts "Starbucks" and one part Kona blend).

I love my coffee and it's very important to me. I have a
    "Capresso" stainless steel coffee maker that uses cone filters, and it
    brews my "Starbucks" / Kona blend to perfection.

I then put it in a large travel mug and go sit out in the garage with
    the door open...my wife won't let me smoke cigars in the house.

So, I'll sit out there under the open garage door, enjoy my coffee and cigar and listen to A.M. talk radio.

Regards,

-Ward

A nice red wine; Crown Royal and Brandy......not all together (smile).

coffee or espresso for me...i don't drink alcohol anymore.

if its alcohol, red wine, also like espresso and sometimes mineral water if i'm driving.

14. Default Drink

When it's non-alcoholic, it's carbonated mineral water for me. It really cleanses your palette in between puffs. When it's alcoholic, it really depends on the cigar. Try a Macallan 12, or 18 year single malt with any Hoyo de Monterrey from Havana...that's possibly my current favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by CigarMax
    When it's non-alcoholic, it's carbonated mineral water for me. It really cleanses your palette in between puffs.
    i thought i was the only one

A quad espresso or diet coke...

17. Default

Drake, you're not alone. A sparkling pelligrino is excellent with a cigar. It really lets you taste the tobaccos in the cigar without inparting any additional flavors.

Quote Originally Posted by CigarMax
    Drake, you're not alone. A sparkling pelligrino is excellent with a cigar. It really lets you taste the tobaccos in the cigar without inparting any additional flavors.
    i started drinking it with my smokes recently, but also, i don't really hang out with any cigar smokers.

19. Default

Single Malts, Bourbons... when it's warm like now, primarily Rums... Ron Zacapa 23 is probably (in my personal view) the best non Cuban rum on the market. I also enjoy Copoya, Pampero Aniversario (although recently seems a little hotter), Zaya to mention a few. Special occasions require Havana Club 7 or Anejo.

I'm not really into Whiskey or Bourbons (although my late father loved the latter) and I cannot stomach cheap brandy.

However, I generally have a bottle of Hine Antique to hand (so long as my supplier doesn't slip in ordering his stock) and which I find to be an ideal accompaniment to most of the [fairly inexpensive] cigars I currently smoke.

Aside from Antique (which is a pretty smooth Coganc) Hine produce some superior cru's as well as a special 'Cigar Reserve' which I have yet to try.

Sometimes (depending on what I have eaten) I will round-off a meal with a cigar accompanied with a liqueur. If I prefer something sweet I often go for Amaretto and if not so sweet then a Marsala wine (which is still a little sweet but nowhere near as sweet as Amaretto).

When it comes to coffee I'm happiest if its made from the Italian-preduced Lavazza brand.

Thread Information