Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you drink when smoking??

I personaly enjoy a snifter of Hennessy or some V.S.O.P Courvoisier. What do you sip on? Edited by: Oblik
    Life is to short to b!tch...Get over it and move on.

Oh, I just remembered...I absolutly LOVE this Taquilla I found in Juarez. It is called Vertigo and it is only mad by a little shop there in the plaza by the Mercado. Ir is incredible. It comps Padron in my opinion.

Blog Entries

If I’m in a drinking mood, I like to sip on a good rum like Zaya or RL Seals (RL Seals has been harder and harder to find in my area). Most of the time, I’m happy with astrong espresso though.<O:P></O:P>

Edited by: hex1848
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

What is the price on the RL Seals? I have never heard of it and I am a big fan of rum.

Blog Entries

I used to buy it for ~$50 a bottle. It was worth its weight in gold. It’s been quite a while since I’ve been able to find it. The only retailer I’ve been able to find online that even mentions it is http://www.internetwines.com. I emailed them because the product page they have on RL Seals is basically blank.

I'll report back with anything I find out
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Expresso

Hi Robusto!!! Welcome and I hope that you will bring your friends and start posting here more! Have fun and PM mme we can talk stogies or any other subject...

Carlos

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Robusto107
    Expresso

That's "Espresso" not "Expresso."
    There's no "x" in the word.

Regards,

-Ward

Edited by: Ward Cleaver

Blog Entries

LOL, I had the same mistake in my post above. I went ahead and corrected it ;-)

Welcome to the Forum Ward! Please make yourself at home. We are still in our growing phase, hopefully as our membership increases so will the contributions.

10. Default

I have my own coffee grinder.

I buy "Starbucks House Blend - Whole Bean" and grind just 2 or 3 days
    worth at a time (so it stays fresh). I also have a Kona blend
    coffee.

I mix the "Starbucks" and Kona blend at a ratio of 2:1 (two parts "Starbucks" and one part Kona blend).

I love my coffee and it's very important to me. I have a
    "Capresso" stainless steel coffee maker that uses cone filters, and it
    brews my "Starbucks" / Kona blend to perfection.

I then put it in a large travel mug and go sit out in the garage with
    the door open...my wife won't let me smoke cigars in the house.

So, I'll sit out there under the open garage door, enjoy my coffee and cigar and listen to A.M. talk radio.

Regards,

-Ward

Blog Entries

I smoke a cigar everyday after work on the commute home. I usually dont get the oppertunity to really enjoy it with my favorite drinks. When I do have some free time I like to go out on my back porch with a good CafeBustelothats made in my little Stove Top Espresso Maker.

You know, recently I have been making it a habit to take a luch break and go to one of my favorite Cigar shops here in town and sit there with a buddy with a smoke and a large cup of coffee. Coffee is becoming a very important neccesity to firing up a stick.

Blog Entries

What do you know, I went on a good rum hunt yesterday afternoon smoking my cigar (in the car) whileliquor store hopping.It seems premium rums are getting harder and harder to come buy. I was about to give uphope when I stopped by a place on the far side of town from where I lived and I noticed they had one bottle of the RL Seals. My dad's going to be happy for Noche Buena.<O:P></O:P>

The bottel was really dusty; it looked like it had been sitting there for months if not a year or 2. Of course it was the last one. The nice old lady behind the counter didnt know Bacardi from Black Seal so I couldnt get any information out of her.<O:P></O:P>

Edited by: hex1848

I'm glad you found it...enjoy and fill a snifter for me

Quote Originally Posted by Ward Cleaver
    ...sit out in the garage with
    the door open...my wife won't let me smoke cigars in the house.

So, I'll sit out there under the open garage door, enjoy my coffee and cigar and listen to A.M. talk radio.

Regards,

-Ward

Sounds a lot like me. I sit out under the carport next to my
    motorcycle, stare out into the dark, listen to some tunes, and smoke
    away.

i'm sure this may sound weird, but during the summer, sitting on the porch with a cold glass of cherry kool-aid was damn good

Coffee, but not just any coffee.

My favorite is 4 shots of espresso in a 20 oz cup. After the 4 shots of espresso fill 1/2 of the cup with regular brew coffee and the other half with steamed heavy cream. Flavored with Vienna Chocolate Mint and Pecan. With either a Plasencia or Aspira Toro or really any heavy bodied spicy smoke it is a magical experience. I have a mobile emergency plumbing service. So I just drive around all day drinking custom coffee and smoking cigars. Pretty cool huh.

Wayne

No signature required, pay any bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblik
    I personaly enjoy a snifter of Hennessy or some V.S.O.P Courvoisier. What do you sip on?

It depends entirely on my mood and the company I am with. During this year's Hoskins Herf (my birthday party, where I supply drinks and cigars), I even smoked an Opus X, while drinking Miller Lite. Of course, it was about 4 in the a.m. LOL!

A nice red wine; Crown Royal and Brandy......not all together (smile).

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Oblik
    I personaly enjoy a snifter of Hennessy or some V.S.O.P Courvoisier. What do you sip on? Edited by: Oblik
    I like low-sugar Kool Aid. You make it with 2/3rds cup of sugar rather than the full cup.

-Tony

Thread Information