Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff hockey

Default Playoff hockey

Well, its almost playoff time in the world of NHL and Im sure every hockey fan is looking forward to it since there was no hockey last season.

Any other hockey fans here? My team is the Anaheim Might Ducks.

Stars all the way bro. I'll root for Detroit if they beat Dallas.

I like the Avs.

In the eastern, I like New Jersey, but they gotta hustle now. I like seeing the rangers up there too - one of the original 6
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

oh man do I hate Dallas this season. I think from the East, the Canes, and from the West, Anaheim, just because they are my team and they are on Fire. I think that if they keep playing like they do, the only team that can keep them from getting into the finals is Dallas.

Dallas is gonna do it - not the ducks. Isn't that the same goalie that the commission changed the rules on pads over? They shortened the pads after '03, when they figuered that the reason he was golden was only with pads that were too long.

The Canes? I still think Jersey can kill 'em.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Man, what happened to the early 90's, when the Hawks were like so many Chicago teams, great, but not great enough to win. Belfour, Roenick, Chelios. Oh the early 90's.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    Man, what happened to the early 90's, when the Hawks were like so many Chicago teams, great, but not great enough to win. Belfour, Roenick, Chelios. Oh the early 90's.
    Watching Belfour drove me nuts when he was with Dallas - when he was on nobody could get past him, but on a bad night, he'd finally have to sit down. Same thing in Toronto.
    - Tom Robbins

Even with the pad change, Gigure is on fire right now. When hes on his game hes awesome, but when hes not, he sucks.

To tell the truth - I haven't watched an entire game this year. Playoffs will be a different story.
    - Tom Robbins

Blog Entries

I'm not a diehard Hockey fan. However the Sharks are my team so I'm happy to see them in the playoffs.

My loyalty lies with the devils.
    that being said I'm a realist and even though they are hot right now...
    I don't think they can keep this up all the way through the playoffs.
    Unless they finally figured out how to get out of their own way and shoot.
    If that's the case look out world.

Leo
    The only thing missing from my life is money and more Cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy1
    My loyalty lies with the devils.
    that being said I'm a realist and even though they are hot right now...
    I don't think they can keep this up all the way through the playoffs.
    Unless they finally figured out how to get out of their own way and shoot.
    If that's the case look out world.

Leo
    Definitely my favorites in the east.
    - Tom Robbins

Since my penguins have been out of it since about x-mas, I'll have to cheer for the Avs (mostly due to proximity). I been real impressed with what Buffalo has done this year. The one thing that matters most is that we get to see some playoff hockey this year!

13. Default

Man, that 10 game win steak has done wonders to the Devils rank in the top 8. Gomez is a haus. One of the few that I enjoyed watching during the Olympics.
    Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal. These are principles, which every man of every faith can embrace. These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the days cost. There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption, into our domain. But if you do you, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three, and on that day, you will repent.

Quote Originally Posted by basil
    Same thing in Toronto.
    Don't remind me!

Yeah, the worst thing happened to the Laffs as usual... great run to miss the playoffs and obtain a much worse draft pick... Ferguson is a tool. I'm not sure who I am going for in the Playoffs... I think I have to go for Calgary simply because Ottawa is the Enemy!

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Quote Originally Posted by Monk
    Don't remind me!

Yeah, the worst thing happened to the Laffs as usual... great run to miss the playoffs and obtain a much worse draft pick... Ferguson is a tool. I'm not sure who I am going for in the Playoffs... I think I have to go for Calgary simply because Ottawa is the Enemy!

-W.
    I think it will be Calgary from the West and Im hoping Montreal from the east (see screenname) Im not sure if Montreal will get there, but they should put out the 'Canes. If not Montreal, I think Ottawa will get to the finals, as long as Emery plays well enough. Im so glad to see the Leafs out of the playoffs!! I cant stand them!

Quote Originally Posted by Habsrule29
    I think it will be Calgary from the West and Im hoping Montreal from the east (see screenname) Im not sure if Montreal will get there, but they should put out the 'Canes. If not Montreal, I think Ottawa will get to the finals, as long as Emery plays well enough. Im so glad to see the Leafs out of the playoffs!! I cant stand them!
    Somehow I'm not surprised... heh. I don't think the Habs will go far though, but you never know with the playoffs.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

dammit the Stars just dropped #2 in OT. shit. oh well, the Devils are kicking the crap out of NYR.
    - Tom Robbins

Giguere is slightly injured and didnt look like 100% in game two against Calgary. Luckily we manage the win from our offense and hopefully Giguere got some rest on the trip back to Anaheim.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Well , back in the beginning of the season a bunch of my friends asked what I thought the Flyers would do this year . Well , I replied that with the league changed the rules to make the game faster and increase scoring , so what do the Flyers do , they go out and sign big , slow defensemen . At first early in the season they struggled , then near the middle they looked to be adapting , but now back to reality , they just aren't fast enough and with the injuries to some of the faster skaters they simply can't keep up with Buffalo . And with a dirty player like Dennis Gauthier , they simply can't stay out of the penalty box . I love my Flyers but as someone else stated earlier , I'm also a realist and I don't think they have a prayer , I hope I'm wrong but stranger things have happened . Sabres in 5 .

Quote Originally Posted by Empire23
    from the West, Anaheim, just because they are my team and they are on Fire. I think that if they keep playing like they do, the only team that can keep them from getting into the finals is Dallas.

I think Anaheim is on fire too, only it's the Flames that's burning them They won't be making it to game 6 if they keep up yesterdays performance.... 5-2 Calgary

Sorry guys, but Calgary's taking the cup this year, and I'll be on the RED MILE celebrating every night after we win a game. I live 5 minutes away

Maybe we'll get dozens more Calgary Flames Girls baring their breasts again this year
    Last edited by Roham; 04-26-2006 at 04:38 AM.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Thread Information