Thread: Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real

Default Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real

Supposedly a stronger version of the original 1875, with a shiny Connecticut wrapper. I wasn't overly impressed. Not a bad cigar mind you, about as good as a Don Diego. Personally I like the DD's and the original 1875 mix a bit better. I didn't find this cigar anywhere near strong or full bodied. I would be hard pressed to rate it a medium! It tasted just like the 1875 mix, but a little more pepper, a little less sweet spice, and it had even less complexity. Being that it's an inexpensive cigar, you can't be too harsh on it. It's worth it's money, but it's no gem.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

It's a good starting out smoke but not for much more than that. I liked the Toro when I first took up the habit, but they didn't last long in my rotation.

All in all I like these. Having limited experience with the rest of the RyJ line I find these to be mild to medium as well, but in a good way. I find them to be creamy and smooth with just a hint of pepper. Nothing to wet your pants with excitement over but a good quality smoke to relax with.

When I first started out about a year ago I got into these forums and turned toward full bodied and heavier cigars. Now I find myself turning back to medium smokes more often to catch the flavors and relax more.

Thread Information