Thread: The ugliest ash you ever did see!

Default The ugliest ash you ever did see!

My B&M, the Smoke Ring, in Sugarland, TX had an Ashton event last night. It was great, they paired up an Ashton Cabinet with a Dahlwinnie 12 year and they went fabulous together.

The highlight of the night for me was the long ash contest though. Everyone who participated had to buy an Ashton Maduro Churchill, we had one hour and all started at 8PM. Right off the bat, I get flakes falling off my damn ash - bad sign. Then it starts to curl up like a noodle so I'm playing a balancing act. Meanwhile I have 3-4 guys who have a PERFECT ash.

Now mine starts to develop burn problems. So I have to start touching it up, weakening the ash. Shit, I know I am going to lose this thing. But I hang in there, my strategy being to stay very still and balance it so that the curve is not affected much. And pray the other three guys still left in it fuck up somehow.

So Mr. perfect Ash number one loses it, and ends up with 6 centimeters left of a 13 centimeter cigar. Then I lose mine, but I have a 4.25 cent stub. Then my biggest competitor finally loses it and he comes in at 4.5 cent stub!! Now I'm eyeing the prize!! One guy is left, perfect ash, but I can see he cannot keep his hands steady and is shaking the thing like its' soaking wet and he's trying to dry it out. I can smell victory.

Finally he drops his ash!! He has over 6 cent stub, so I win!!! I got a Savoy leather travel humidor with cedar inside, it's gorgeous!!

Before I dropped my ash, I got so many comments - man that is one ugly ash, looks like you're about to lose it - to which I finally responded that my dick looks like that and it hasn't fallen off yet. Then the Aston rep walks over and says he cannot believe I'm still hanging in there, and takes a picture. Once he gets it up on the Ashton website I will post a link. I was grinning like a cat that found the milk!!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

bigpoppapuff Guest

Blog Entries

That's a great story! I look forward to seeing the pics.
    puro pot pass VI loser

Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Nice job. Sounds like a good time. Has anyone else noticed that the AF Hemingway line smokes have a long f'ing ash? Amazing!

Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Thread Information