Thread: Opus X Petite Lancero

1. Default Opus X Petite Lancero

this cigar perplexed me. it looked amazing. the build was excellent and it burned well all the way down. draw had just the right amount of firmness, with good volumes of smoke. the flavor was actually lacking for me. i've had a couple of opus' before, and i have seriously ejoyed them, but not this one so much. there was just a tiny bit of the signature pepper, some nuttiness, and some cream flavors. but like i said, not much of the flavor was there. it really dissapointed me because i was letting it sit in my humi for about 3 months prior to smoking. still recommended, because i'm guessing i recieved a dud...i hope to get my hands on another.

the above is a review that i posted on top25cigar just now. i was thoroughly dissapointed. i kept this stick in my humi for 3 months like i said in the review. it was always kept in optimal humidity so it should never have been able to loose that original flavor that it was supposed to have being an Opus.

does anyone have any idea what could've happened. was i correct to assume that it was simply a dud.

Hmmm, I have one of these resting in my humidor. I hope I have a better experience with it.

I had one of these and I gave it to a friend to smoke since he hadnt had an Opus X before. I took a couple of puffs off it a few times. It really seemed "mild" as to what I think an Opus X is like. My friend said it had some peppery taste, but I now will have to search out a Petit Lancero to give it a try since i havent actually smoked one all the way down.

I was under the impression Opus' should be smoked now,not aged.Some of the rare'r ones already have few years age so ageing these beauties only smoothens things more and mellows the cigar out...who would want that?Well,unless you like mild cigars.
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

5. Default

3 months isn't all that much aging if u ask me. i figured 3 months was around the right amount, maybe a little extra, to make sure that the stick was in excellent condition when i finally smoked it. u never know what it has been through getting to your hands. also, the reviewers before me on top25cigar said that they had let it age for around a year before smoking, and it was still a powerhouse.

We'll the Opus X petite lancero and I have a date on May 13 for my son's 2nd birthday. I was leaning toward one of the Ashton VSG's that I have but now you got me curious. I'll let you know what I think.

Thread Information