Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i'm pissed off.....

bigpoppapuff Guest

Default i'm pissed off.....

we're way too trigger happy....no question that this guy started badly...but let's give him a 30 day pass to see if he meets expectations...if not...he goes...i don't like what's happening here....

Agree... as a new guy here this whole thing kinda gets me feeling like I might have to walk on eggshells. I like the board and would hate to make a mistake and be kicked off. Let's see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07
    Agree... as a new guy here this whole thing kinda gets me feeling like I might have to walk on eggshells. I like the board and would hate to make a mistake and be kicked off. Let's see what happens.
    It's not the fact that he made a mistake. Honestly, think about it. Your first post on the board is selling some very exclusive and expensive cigars. Then you go and insult the membership and don't offer any sort of apology or explaination??

There is a difference between trolling becoming a member. You don't have to 'walk on egg shells'.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

4. Default

I don't think that friends should have to worry about what they say to each other...so Shelby07, I think you're fine. I wouldn't worry about walking on eggshells if I were you.

On the other hand, I only offered some very good and expensive cigars for best offer. I came here only because I thought you guys would appreciate them at a place like this. There is a time and place for everything and I guess I learned that this isn't the place.

How many fucking times do I have to say sorry.

Can I change my handle and start over again? FUCK.

Drew -- I realize that, but I think if everyone backs down a bit the whole thing might be diffused, and you might even find that you like the guy. Yes, he's insulted some people, but he's also been slammed from every angle. Let's all just let it go. If we all tone down a bit we will see where he's coming from.

PartagasGuy - You gotta let it go on your end, too.

6. Default

cool

bigpoppapuff Guest

i took a different direction and started discussing other stuff...seems fine...he seems to have tough skin and can toss it back...are we that thin-skinned...the guy is trying to fit in..let's let him....

I can understand your POV BPP, but you're pretty much the only guy he's coddled up to.

Shelby - you didn't come into the forum and start mouthing off on your third post. PartyGas has not been treated differently in any other respect - from the perspective that he posted in the wrong area without permission.

PartyGas - honestly, you came in and innocently posted in the wrong forum without permission. And that's ok - you got some lumps, and that would have been it. You should have apologized - and then shut up for a couple days to let things cool off. The more you egg people, the more they will egg you. And the folks have here been longer and are more numerous.

You did not win brownie points with your third post comment:

Quote Originally Posted by PartyGas
    ...snip...BTW, get a life fellas...snip..."
    followed by your fourth post

I would love to know what "Vice-Member of the month" means? Does that mean you're self-appointed "Ass-hole-of-the-month"?
    And it went down hill from there.

You were warned and asked to apologize by Basil, CC, BigMac, BPP, me, Hex, BPP, Lopaka, BKC, (and that's up to post #60)...BPP @ #72....

You did not hint any remorse or apologize until (from what I see at) #153 but did it in a backhanded approach after the polling started:

Most of you have been pricks...but I guess that's what I get for not doing research or taking the time to find out what this forum is all about...with that said, I'm sorry.
    Followed by:

That's great illilli...Go smoke some crack with your former mayor Barry...
    so when you ask after that:

The answer is just ONCE. Without backhanded slaps, will full humility, and no smart ass remarks.

BPP - I completely respect you as a FOG on the board - but I respectfully disagree that the board has jumped the gun - he's been given plenty of chances - and he chose the wrong fork in the road every time.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

9. Default

Hey 1101...I agree with you. The first 90% of my time here ended up being a clusterfuck...with me to blame. Believe me when I say that I did honestly try to apologize not long into my time here and something came across the wrong way and it backfired. Sometimes I forget that words on paper or words on a computer screen doesn't have a sound of sarcasm like a voice does. I have the same problem with a girlfriend of mine who lives in Pittsburgh...but that's for another time and another place...

Enjoy a good smoke this weekend and make it a great one!

With all due respect... imagine what might have happened if the reply to him was something different.

"PartagasGuy - thanks for letting us know about the cigars you have for sale. They are good ones.

We like to keep things a bit more compartmentalized here on this board. I've moved your thread to the appropriate forum. Take a look at the board policies that we have posted for your benefit.

Welcome to the board."

All I'm saying here is that it could have been handled differently on both sides, and I think the results would have been much different. As a new member I might be out of line, but as an old guy I like to believe I've learned a bit about tact... not always easily.

Mark

bigpoppapuff Guest

i seem to have engaged partyguy in conversation......he's responded...why don't we all cut this guy a break...realizing that we're giving him a piece of rope...my bet is he'll not hang himself.....shelby is 100% right on this call......this wasn't habano boy or some of the real asshats that have shown up here...this is a guy who tried too hard to play without reading the rules....he's fine with me....anyone other than shelby and joe with me on this call???....

Shelby - you've not been here long enough to have an opinion. You haven't even established yourself either. And CLEARLY you don't understand on how many levels Pee-boy destroyed his credibility... From selling a box of cigars he won as a prize (and wanting us to make offers - going to the highest bidder) - to taking exception to the criticism given him - to all out flaming and acting like a total ass.

Nope - Sid - I pretty much think it's just you in this quest. Pee-boy still is acting like a fool with his assinine apology "How many fucking times do I have to say sorry."

Pee-boy - One apology would have been plenty, if you would have been sincere... And you knew this point was eventually coming. You've dusted things up pretty good around here in the short time you've been posting. Seeing everyone coming out of the woodwork should have been a clue to you...

Default Partymeltdown

Quote Originally Posted by PartagasGuy
    I don't think that friends should have to worry about what they say to each other...so Shelby07, I think you're fine. I wouldn't worry about walking on eggshells if I were you.

On the other hand, I only offered some very good and expensive cigars for best offer. I came here only because I thought you guys would appreciate them at a place like this. There is a time and place for everything and I guess I learned that this isn't the place.

Can I change my handle and start over again? FUCK.
    You sir, are a liar. You haven't apologized one time. When you say you tried to - fuck that, trying is yet another lie. You either will or you won't.

You are a troll of the worst order and even if you do apologize, do not expect many here to welcome you.

Don't think that choosing to no longer respond to my posts has been lost on anyone. And don't think that ignoring the facts will make them go away.

Shelby, you don't have to walk on eggshells. What you do have to do is walk in the front door and bring respect to the table. Much like you have, and completely unlike this troll. Stick around and see - as much as this asshole would like others to believe, this isn't about picking on anyone. It's about preserving the integrity of the board. And yes, we do know each other. and we repect each other. And when a troll shows up, we show 'em the door.

Sid, with all due resepect, I cannot overstate how much I strongly disagree with you about this useless piece of shit. You're not pissed off. You're being pissed on and told it's raining. Just because he knows some of the same geography as you, does not mean he's not a useless fucking troll. Frankly, I'm surprised that you're still with this guy.
    Last edited by basil; 04-22-2006 at 12:27 AM.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Shelby - you've not been here long enough to have an opinion. You haven't even established yourself either. And CLEARLY you don't understand on how many levels Pee-boy destroyed his credibility...
    This is kind of what I've been afraid if. Guess it's time for me to shut up and go away too. But it is clear to me that no matter what anyone says, there are some on this board who have made up their minds and will push it forever.

Bigpoppapuff... I'm starting to see why you were pissed.

BTW: His handle is PartagasGuy, not Pee-boy. Tell ya anything?

See ya!

With all due respect... imagine what might have happened if the reply to him was something different.

"PartagasGuy - thanks for letting us know about the cigars you have for sale. They are good ones.

We like to keep things a bit more compartmentalized here on this board. I've moved your thread to the appropriate forum. Take a look at the board policies that we have posted for your benefit.

Welcome to the board."

All I'm saying here is that it could have been handled differently on both sides, and I think the results would have been much different. As a new member I might be out of line, but as an old guy I like to believe I've learned a bit about tact... not always easily.

Mark

When somebody comes here and their first post is selling exclusive cigars, then they are automatically labelled an asshat until proven otherwise. I can tell he is really trying hard to prove otherwise
    Last edited by drew_goring; 04-22-2006 at 01:58 AM.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

16. Default

This is kind of what I've been afraid if. Guess it's time for me to shut up and go away too. But it is clear to me that no matter what anyone says, there are some on this board who have made up their minds and will push it forever.

See ya!
    If you want to go by all means go. Sid is man enough to be pissed but not show his ass....Something you obviously can't do. He has more class than you ever will have.

I respect his opinion even though I may disagree with it.

You have disrespected George...Something Sid would never do.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

bigpoppapuff Guest

that's what we need...let's just keep throwing people to the curb......i believe that many of US need to toughen up.....this is complete bullshit!!!!...

Guess it's time for me to shut up and go away too. But it is clear to me that no matter what anyone says, there are some on this board who have made up their minds and will push it forever.
    Nah, just take what gramps says, let it digest, step out of this for now, have fun talking about cigars and developing a reputation here. It's a simple concept. We don't know you and you have no rep here to be telling long time members what to do and how to do it. You simply overstepped your bounds. Take your lumps and learn from it.

Bah, it's partyasshat! Sheesh...

Sid, he started off with spamming, and then when he was caught on it and called out, by me, who didn't even use any profanity, he then responded with insults and came out firing. Basil then responded with the apt analogy of someone coming into your house, laying a crap, then being called on it, and then not apologizing. I don't care if he can talk about Cleve-hole and Corky and Lenny's and Cousins (don't forget the location in Beachwood) in a civil way. The fact is he is the one who did not have a thick skin. If he did, he would have realized his mistake, apologized with a real apology, and then moved on. His skin was so thin, he just kept lashing out like a wounded animal. Read his original post and the first few responses from the beginning, you'll see that he was only ready to stir crap up after finding we wouldn't bid on the cigars he won.

I myself voted for the 30 day because I figured if he really wanted to try, he might come back and apologize, and I wanted to leave that option open. But, I know he won't. I know this because there was a 1.5-two day period when no one posted anything in his initial thread and he didn't post anything else on the board. Then, somebody revived the thread, and only at that point did he come back to post again, and this time with even more insults. Let's be honest, if he was really looking for some good convo on cigars, he would've posted in other threads during that time, but he didn't, he was absent. He only returned when he saw he could keep hurling insults. This is why I don't think he'll come back. If the attention isn't on him, he doesn't have anything to say. In other words, he's only around to stir the pot, not contribute.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

See ya!
    Shelby, it's not about you having to leave or being on eggshells. It's a matter of knowing your place. I didn't earn my place by being here a year tomorrow. I earned it by engaging the new and current membership, by trading, herfing, and talking with these guys. Think of it like a college sports team. You may be the best player in the country at your position, but freshman year (although here it's not really a year) you're red-shirted. Why, so you can get acclimated to the team, so that come your time to shine, you'll be fully ready to play with the team as a team. This doesn't mean egg-shells, it just means being respectful to a community that has already been established. Like Smalls in the Sandlot. Like anthropologists trying to understand aboriginal communities. Like general and genuine human interaction should be.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Thread Information