Thread: Seconds

Default Seconds

Looking for a bundle of cheapos to fill some space in the humidor. I've been smoking 2-3 cigars a day, and that's getting pretty expensive...so time to find an alternative for everyday smokes. The Consuegras seem to be the "best of the worst" I guess. Does anyone have any idea of what each Consuegra is a second of? Easily put, I'm trying to find the Hoyo Excalibur Maduros Seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by toasty
    Looking for a bundle of cheapos to fill some space in the humidor. I've been smoking 2-3 cigars a day, and that's getting pretty expensive...so time to find an alternative for everyday smokes. The Consuegras seem to be the "best of the worst" I guess. Does anyone have any idea of what each Consuegra is a second of? Easily put, I'm trying to find the Hoyo Excalibur Maduros Seconds.

I've never bought these but many guys seem to like the JR alternatives and JR ultimates.

Conversion Chart That is a link to a chart for Consuegras.

4. Default

Getting an exact match is impossible bro,I smioke these by the bundle weekly. If you can find the 4 digit ones
    by all means get them. Otherwise I smoke the 9 maduro
    17 maduro
    73 maduro
    84 maduro(torps hard to find )
    9 maduro

When you smoke seconds and overruns you cannot be uber picky . Buy them from JR's and steer clear of Mikes cigars,he is a first class fucktard asswipe of a retailer
    The older I get ,the better I was

bigpoppapuff Guest

roly's
    roly's
    roly's.........three great suggestions...

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    roly's
    roly's
    roly's.........three great suggestions...
    What's a roly?? I ordered 2 bundles from JR just now. The Consuega Maduro No 9 and the Cohiba Robusto Knockoff. Neither got bad reviews, so hopefully they're somewhat decent smokes.

bigpoppapuff Guest

caminoviejo will have roly's soon (i think)...for now,

www.rockyscigars.com

Roly Bundles from Puros Indios

The Roly Cigar bundle is manufactured in Honduras, by Rolando Reyes Senior. Rolando, the maker of world class Puros Indios Cigars, blended the Roly for the connoisseur. The Roly Cigar is surrounded in a beautiful, oily wrapper from the finest Sumatra seed along with Dominican filler. Full bodied, expertly crafted for a nice, clean burn.

The Puros Roly bundles are a tremendous value for your cigar dollar. Don't be fooled by our prices - Rolando Reyes sr., promises these are quality cigars!

Rocky's Special Roly Deal passes on savings and FREE SHIPPING to you when your Roly order exceeds $40.00! Order any combination of Rolys to reach $40 and insert the Promotional Code below where requested at check out and Rocky's will reduce your invlice total by $7.99 to cover the shipping. Be sure to copy before proceeding so that you can paste it where needed.

8. Default

I'll second Rolys...

bigpoppapuff Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    I'll second Rolys...

for the price??....you can't beat 'em if you like hondurans....

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7
    Getting an exact match is impossible bro,I smioke these by the bundle weekly. If you can find the 4 digit ones
    by all means get them. Otherwise I smoke the 9 maduro
    17 maduro
    73 maduro
    84 maduro(torps hard to find )
    9 maduro

When you smoke seconds and overruns you cannot be uber picky . Buy them from JR's and steer clear of Mikes cigars,he is a first class fucktard asswipe of a retailer
    #9 Maduros is my choice as well. JR has 25ct bundles at about $22. Also check this link:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/inde...opic=21280&hl=
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

Yeah I ordered from JR...It came out really cheap. Hell $45.00 for 45 cigars...I don't think you can beat that with a stick.

I'm exploring maduros across several lines. The two cheapies that I keep the most of are the Consuegra #9 maduro and Flor del Todo #4 maduro. I use JR for the Connies and CigarBid for the FdTs.
    Bruce

Hanlon's Razor

What's a roly?? I ordered 2 bundles from JR just now. The Consuega Maduro No 9 and the Cohiba Robusto Knockoff. Neither got bad reviews, so hopefully they're somewhat decent smokes.
    Go to Thompson's and search on Roly. Rolando Reyes seconds. I bought a bundle and didn't like them. Word is, Rolys ship wet - that is, with little or no aging. Others have said that they need to age in your humi. In my experience, if I don't like em young, I won't like em aged either.

The good news is that, at a buck a stick, buy a bundle and try them. You have little to lose.
    Bruce

Hanlon's Razor

After a little debate I figured what the hey, I'll try 'em. Any recommendations on a certain one?

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

I bought the Maduro Rothschilds. I liked 'em so much I bought a box of the real thing to try 'em out and didn't taste any difference. Obviously there's a construction difference, but I kinda like the rough, less than perfect look and feel on a daily garage smoke.

Smurf, I didn't find what you were talking about on mine (albeit I'm a Noob) and I enjoyed 'em straight off. That being said, who's to say this bundle I bought wasn't in the B&M for a year or more!!!

Leave it to say I'll be getting another bundle when I go back to that store, and will probably see what other size "Rolys" they have there.

If you like Carlos Torano, try the Brick. Pretty good bundle cigar but I can't remember offhand what they go for.

bigpoppapuff Guest

rockyscigars for roly's.........

I love the edge seconds or x-outs.
    RP vintage seconds
    RP Factory select sungrowns at famous or for 2 dollars or so less get the seconds
    Famous nicaraguan 3000
    Famous nicaraguan Private Selection corojo is a great cigar
    Flor De Oliva Corojo is a nice one so is the maduro and the natural is ok for a morning smoke,lots of flavor.
    Genuine counterfit cubans are good just get a larger size ring gauge or you will have a hard time getting a puff.The 1958's are better and the 1958 EL's are even better.
    Connie's are ok,some sizes and maduro only for me.

May want to start doing some purchases on Famous,J&R or cbid auctions for some better deals.Famous has wholesale lots and yankee auctions in which ya can get a few boxes of great cigars way below msrp.I just got 3 boxes of Oliva O Bold Orion(7x54) at $41/ea.

Forgot to mention,try your local B&M's cigars,ask who makes them,sometimes they will tell you.I have a shop by my mother inlaw's that sell there name under the Oliva O series cigars....$65 a box of 25...very good cigars.
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

Thread Information