Thread: Looking for a great cigar cutter

Default Looking for a great cigar cutter

I had a Xikar cigar cutter that got stolen along with my bag last month.

Been looking for a replacement, can anyone steer me in the right direction?

I don't want another Xikar like the one I had, after about a year the plastic molding on the sides started to fall off, as they were just glued on.

I want something sturdy, maybe all metal construction. Sharp as hell, and can cut big ring gauges as I sometimes smoke up to 58-60 ring gauge. Any suggestions as to what to buy, and where I can get it?
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I have heard good things about the Palio cutter. Check it out at cigamony. It is fairly reasonably priced. I will probably be picking one up in the near future.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

bigpoppapuff Guest

get the metal xikar...it's sturdy and has a lifetime guarantee....the palio is pretty good as well....my favorite,though is the xikar multi-tool....

I have the metal xikar and it has hex screws to keep it all nice and tight, and like Poppa said, life time guarantee...
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

OK where is the best place to buy the metal Xikar cutter?

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    OK where is the best place to buy the metal Xikar cutter?
    Mine came from the local Tinder box... helluva lot more than I would've paid for one, but it seems the only thing my ex-wife was good for was buying me expensive crap... got a nice Ritzenhoff ashtray the same way.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

bigpoppapuff Guest

rockyscigars has 'em at a pretty good price..

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    ...I want something sturdy, maybe all metal construction. Sharp as hell, and can cut big ring gauges as I sometimes smoke up to 58-60 ring gauge. Any suggestions as to what to buy, and where I can get it?
    Palio all the way! (IMHO of course)

I have been using the same Palio for 4 years and it's still sharp as s@#%!

They also have a lifetime warranty and you can return it to ANY authorized Palio vendor for an exchange!

~Mark

ps - I just signed up to be an authorized Xikar retailer as well. Products should be here in about a week or so.

Thumbs up Cigar Cutters

If you are looking for good cigar cutters that are reasonably priced check out www.qualitycutters.com - I'd suggest a gunmetal double blade guillotine or if you're willing to spend the money any Davidoff double blade guillotine would be excellant!

Go with the Wenger SAK. They're pricy but worth it. I've had a few high end cutters including a Xikar and the Wenger is the best one I've ever used. And of course it has a lifetime warranty, it's an SAK!

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Wow that is a great website, thanks!!!

Thread Information