Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Houston ASTROS!!!

Blog Entries

Default Houston ASTROS!!!

Well, well, well....

As of May 6th, the Astros are 19-9 which is their best record at this point in the season in the history of the franchise!! The Astros historically have done better in the SECOND half of the season so I wonder what that means!

Houston won both of their first two games with the Cardinals last night and the night before most notably beating Chris Carpenter who had previously never lot a game in Minute Maid park.

Things are looking pretty good this year. I've already got one bet with a guy on CigarPass that the Astros will finish ahead of the Cubs this year, any other takers?

GO ASTROS !!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Yep I really am enjoying the Astros kicking butt this season, epecially when they whip the Cardinals butts!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86

GO ASTROS !!!
    I have to ask Bill. How the hell did you latch on to a Houston team?
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

Went to the Rockies/Astros game last night 5-0 Rockies. I feel a sweep coming today!!

Go Rockies!!!

By the way, when Burke slammed into the wall and dislocated his shoulder it was the thump heard round the world! Didn't know if he was gonna get up there for a while. My seats are right behind the visitor dugout and when he finally got up and walked back you could tell he was in a lot of pain. What a beautiful catch, tho. He received a standing ovation when he walked off! That one will be on the weekly highlights for sure.

I guess he'll be on the DL for at least a few games, MRI is scheduled Monday.

The rocks are looking pretty good this year too. Jennings pitched a 9 inning shutout game. I think the final pitch count was 117.
    Last edited by Shelby07; 05-07-2006 at 01:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Yes Shelby, the Rockies are HOT right now!! I watched both of those games and I'm watching today's game right now. Freakin' Brade Lidge......

Oh yeah, Jennings was phenomenal yesterday.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Well, well, well....

As of May 6th, the Astros are 19-9 which is their best record at this point in the season in the history of the franchise!! The Astros historically have done better in the SECOND half of the season so I wonder what that means!

Houston won both of their first two games with the Cardinals last night and the night before most notably beating Chris Carpenter who had previously never lot a game in Minute Maid park.

Things are looking pretty good this year. I've already got one bet with a guy on CigarPass that the Astros will finish ahead of the Cubs this year, any other takers?

GO ASTROS !!!
    That bet is like taking candy from a baby.

Well the Rockies come here next guess the Cards better watch it.

The Rockies managed to pull off the sweep but I'm not feeling bad about. It's actually nice to see Colorado doing well. My boys are off to a great start and so far I'm pretty happy about the new pitchers. And it looks like if the Rocket doesn't retire he'll be back on the ASTROS roster!

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Quote Originally Posted by grand cru no 2
    The Rockies managed to pull off the sweep but I'm not feeling bad about. It's actually nice to see Colorado doing well. My boys are off to a great start and so far I'm pretty happy about the new pitchers. And it looks like if the Rocket doesn't retire he'll be back on the ASTROS roster!
    Definately looks like it's stacking up to be an exciting season with some good games... but hell, it's only May. It's amazing how many people want my tickets now that the rockies had a good start. Couldn't give them away the last few years!

Yeah but where the hell did the Reds come from. This is supposed to be the battle of the Cards/Stros this year for the NL Central.

GO CARDS!!!!!

Blog Entries

I dunno tdog, the Reds seem to be doing well SO FAR but chances are they will fade as the season goes along just like Baltimore did last year. The Cardinals are the team to beat this year. Even though I'm a huge Astros fan I do like the Cardinals, they've got a great team. Pujols is FUN to watch, he's incredible and Cardinals pitching is top notch this year as usual.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

I just checked the Cardinals box score, Pujols saved the day with a three run homer in the 8th, Carpenter pitched a 4 hit, 1 earned run gem and Isringhausen struck out the side in the 9th to notch his ninth save!

I tip my hat to the Cardinals!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

What about the White Sox, Bill... 9-1 against the Angels yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    What about the White Sox, Bill... 9-1 against the Angels yesterday...

I have a feeling we will be seeing them in the playoffs once again.

Im excited to see the rookie knuckleballer haeger pitch tonite. Been a while since the Sox had a knickleballer. I hear the guys is 3.0 in AAA with a .068 ERA and batters are battung .142 against him!!

Cant wait too see how widger and pierzynski catch this kid.!!

I think the Sox just had a well put squad last year .. With the addition of Thome and Vasquez they are even better and deeper with their hitting and pitching.

GO SOX!

Ahhh, back at home and fresh off of a win. Tonight's going to be a helluva game against Colorado!

Now that's what I call a homecoming! The Good Guys sure came with their game faces on last night, pulling off an excellent win against the mountain boys.

All I have to say is OUCH, the giants put a hurting on y'all!!!

And CC, no bashing of the Cubs will hurt me, see, I don't start off with grand expectations for them, so when they fail to perform, I'm not bothered.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU

And CC, no bashing of the Cubs will hurt me, see, I don't start off with grand expectations for them, so when they fail to perform, I'm not bothered.
    This just in....

Cubs - 1

WHITE SOX - 6!!!

BTW - you know why the Cubs cannot have a website?

They cannot put three "W's" together in a row....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU

LMFAO!! This coming from a guy whose team has won how many games in the month of May? I know they can all be counted on one hand.

We lost what, three in a row but you guys lost what was it, six or seven in a row and 13 of your last 14? I forgot, can you refresh my memory?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Taylor Bucholtz COMPLETE GAME SHUTOUT today over the Rangers!
    102 pitches, 72 for strikes, he retired the first batter in 7 out of nine innings and scattered five hits and retired the last three hitters in the ninth inning on THREE pitches!

Way to go Taylor.

Jason Lane is BACK. Two run homer in the 8th.

On another note what is it with the Detroit Tigers? The best record in baseball after today's games and a one game lead over George's White Sox in the AL Central.

Are the Tigers for real?

Hey Ray, I stole your sig photo! Let's get some other Astros fans to use it too!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 05-21-2006 at 04:37 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information