Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Houston ASTROS!!!

Blog Entries

BTW - you know why the Cubs cannot have a website?

They cannot put three "W's" together in a row....
    LMAO @ George!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Oh, I forgot to mention Dave Borkowski!! He had a 0.00 ERA in his first five or six appearances, the first one being a long extra innings game against I forgot who. Dave is GREAT, throws lots of first pitch strikes and get lots of outs. His most recent appearances he ran into a little bad luck but I LIKE this guy!!!

He's been bouncing around the majors for quite some time now and was most recently with Baltimore.

And what's this crap about Russ Springer having to take a four game suspension for supposedly trying to bean Barry Bonds? What a bunch of BULSHIT!

I'm still very optimistic about Astros pitching this year even though the last couple of weeks have been a little shaky. Brad Lidge was in a bad slump, so much so that they didn't use him as the "stopper" in a couple of games, giving that role to Dan Wheeler. BUT in Lidge's last appearance, he mowed them down 1-2-3 to notch his 12th save! LIGHTS OUT LIDGE!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Ya, I heard Lidge got tipped off that he was telegraphing his pitches, so he's back in the groove and LIGHTS OUT LIDGE IS BACK BABY!!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Maybe we should watch out for the Cubs, they can come up from behind and deliver a pretty mean punch! The Astros will be contenders before the year is out, and I agree the Reds will fade.

GO CARDS!

Just curious, what's the Astros' record nowadays?
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    Just curious, what's the Astros' record nowadays?
    27-29

A lot better than the Cubs who look like the Pirates will overtake them anyday now putting the hapless Cubs in dead last in the NL Central.

Sean, you follow baseball statistics pretty closely, right? Can you tell me how many games the Cubs won in the month of May? My guess is that it's less than the number of days in a week.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Well, the Astros beat the Cubs tonight but we got blasted by the Cubs yesterday.
    Wandy Rodriguez pitched seven innings of shutout baseball. In the 9th, the Astros brought Brad Lidge in. With two outs and one on, he gave up a double to Mabry which scored the Cubs only run making the score 4 to 1. Brad struck out the next guy for the save.

The funny thing is when he and Ausmus met half way between the mound and home plate to congratulate each other, the camera was right on Lidge and I could see what he was saying:

"Thanks, but I blew the fucking shut out"

LMAO!!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

I think the Astros are now only 9 for there last 31, so if we're comparing records... The last 31 have been kinder to the Cubs.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    I think the Astros are now only 9 for there last 31, so if we're comparing records... The last 31 have been kinder to the Cubs.
    LMFAO ooooooooo ya got me, the shitty Cubs were 10-21 as opposed to the Astros who were 9-22. Damn, it musta taken you all week to figure out the ONLY period of time where the Cubs actually had a one game better record than the Astros. We may be in a slump but the Cubs just suck shit so badly, they'll be lucky to finish 5th in the NL Central.

I notice how you only want to talk about the last 31 games now? Which goes back to Friday, June 5th. Of course you don't want to talk about the fact that the Astros had a three game winning streak on June 2nd, 3rd and fourth including sweeping a two game series from the Cardinals AND you want to skip over the fact that the Cubs lost four games in a row prior to your magic "last 31" What was the Cubs losing streak in the begining of May? Lemme refresh your memory, ya lost EIGHT in a row, won one then lost FOUR more in a row. During that eight game losing streak, you were shut out THREE times and out scored 9 to 42, HOLY SHIT!!!

How many games did the Cubs win in May? The answer to that question is SEVEN while losing TWENTY TWO. By the way, while the Astros aren't much better, at least we were able to win 11 in May, gaining four games over the hapless Cubs.

Let's look at the NL Central standings on May 1, 2006 for the Astros and the Cubs:

HOUSTON 16-9 1 1/2 games behind
    CHICAGO 14-10 3 games behind

Now, let's look at June 1st:

HOUSTON 27-27 7 1/2 games behind
    CHICAGO 20-32 THIRTEEN and a HALF games behind

Yeah we may not be doing so well but holy shit, the Cubs have lost more ground than the Astros in the last month.

Ya wanna compare any more records? Go right ahead. The only way you're going to feel good doing that is by picking on the Pittsburgh Pirates, LMFAO!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-07-2006 at 12:29 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Is the rule still in the league that if you get beat by the Astros you get thrown out of the league? j/k! I keed, I keed.

I havent kept up with baseball in a few years, but Im a Dodger and Braves fan.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Empire23
    Is the rule still in the league that if you get beat by the Astros you get thrown out of the league? j/k! I keed, I keed.

I havent kept up with baseball in a few years, but Im a Dodger and Braves fan.
    Since they went to the three division format back in the early 1990's do you know which National League team has the most wins?

Hint: It ain't the Dodgers or the Braves nor is it the Cardinals. I'll make it easier for ya, it's not an NL West team either.

C'mon, guess.....
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

KC Royals?! Oh wait no... umm.... Maybe the Expos? How bout the Pirates?
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Blog Entries

KC Royals?! Oh wait no... umm.... Maybe the Expos? How bout the Pirates?
    LMAO! You're gettin' warm.......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Twins!!! that has to be it! Oh no wait, maybe the A's.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Blog Entries

Twins!!! that has to be it! Oh no wait, maybe the A's.

NATIONAL League!!! C'mon, keep 'em coming!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Now CC, when did I ever tout the Cubs as going all the way this year or doing well? I may have in previous years, when they were flirting with .500, but I knew it wouldn't happen this year at all. So, I will rub it in your face all year long because of your post back at the end of April/beginning of May when you were touting their best record in baseball. I love it!!!!

Whadda difference a month makes! Ouch, May did hurt, but the Astros are still a strong team and can do it!! GO ASTROS, KICK ASS, TAKE NAMES AND BEAT ST LOUIS AGAIN!!

It would be PRICELESS if, after shaming the Cards in their last season in their old stadium, they could shame them again during their first year in their new stadium!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

oh ok, only the NL. Alright alright, last guess, the Astros?
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Blog Entries

oh ok, only the NL. Alright alright, last guess, the Astros?
    WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

The Astros have put together a little winning streak here, four games!! Nieve pitched a fantastic game on Friday and the bats came alive. Still have some ground to make up but we're not out of it yet.

While I'm naturally excited about Clemens coming back, I don't think it's as big of a deal as some are making it out to be unless of course it works as a psychological boost to the players than all the better. I'm very confident in Astros pitching, particularly the bullpen. One guy I wish they'd use more is Dave Borkowski BUT Qualls, Springer, Wheeler and Lidge are all doing pretty well as well as Gallo so the bullpen is doing just fine. The Astros bullpen makes or breaks us, it was the cause of MANY of those loses in May but I think that's behind us now (at least I hope).
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information