Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drivers that piss you off!

Default Drivers that piss you off!

What are the things that get you really riled up on the road? My personal favorite is someone who cuts me off to get in the lane I'm in when there is no one behind me for 1/4 mile then slams on the brakes because I'm travelling the same speed as everyone else.
    Last edited by Shelby07; 05-06-2006 at 11:18 AM.

I assume I'll have to evade at least 3 idiots every day driving to and from work. There is a large concentration of really bad drivers in the LA area.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Between the middle of March and the middle of November, 95% of the miles I drive are on one of my bikes. There are really too many things to list of stuff that pisses me off 'cause for the most part, the vast majority of drivers are ignorant of motorcycles.

I teach the MSF course on weekends, and one of the first thing we tell students is "As soon as you leave on a ride, assume that everyone on the road is a moron because 75% of 'em are, so you have pretty good chances of being right".

Anyone else here who rides?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie
    Between the middle of March and the middle of November, 95% of the miles I drive are on one of my bikes. There are really too many things to list of stuff that pisses me off 'cause for the most part, the vast majority of drivers are ignorant of motorcycles.

I teach the MSF course on weekends, and one of the first thing we tell students is "As soon as you leave on a ride, assume that everyone on the road is a moron because 75% of 'em are, so you have pretty good chances of being right".

Around here its actually the organ donors on bikes. What makes a 20 something kid belive that when on his crotch rocket he is invincible? I am aware of bikes but make no special consideration of them above automobiles. I really like it when they get within 1 inch of your bumper on a 2 lane road. after a warming brake tap I usually just row it back in
    3 rd and let the stang slow down real quick with no brake lights LOL. I used to ride a bike but not like a fucktard like most do around NC . Lost 2 friends growing up on bikes,their fuck up no one else around
    The older I get ,the better I was

I have a couple of friends that have crotch rockets. The biggest mistake I see people my age do with motorcycles is treat them like expensive toys. You can have fun on a motorcycle by just riding it properly and safely without going 100+mph and trying to perform all these stupid stunts they see others doing. I agree, that whole I am Invincible mind set is what get's people killed on motorcycles, if ya ride it correctly and know what you can and can't do then more power to ya and go have some FUN!

One of the things that I hate on the road is when someone either pulls out infront of you or passes ya going 20 over the speedlimit then about 1 1/2 down the road the turn signal turns on, they almost STOP in the road to turn off. Like they couldn't have stayed behind ya and took another 10-15 secs to get where they're going.

Blog Entries

I see way to many assholes on motorcycles being just that, ASSHOLES, speeding, driving BETWEEN lanes of traffic and in the breakdown lanes on interstates.

Yes, there are those who ride safely but there are a whole lot who do not and deserve what they get which is maimed, in a wheelchair for life or dead.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Left lane bandits...

I REALLY hate those guys who get in the left lane - despite how many lanes there are - (the more the better) and go along with the "flow of traffic", apparently totally oblivious to the fact the left lane is a passing lane. Around here some of the fockers pull out the picnic basket and tent in that lane... Four friggen lanes of traffic, and four morons side by side backing up traffic for a mile... Which causes the guy who would normally be in the left lane doing a reasonable speed, now doing 90 in the right lanes trying to weave around the traffic to clear it.

Or even better yet - the white haired guy driving the Corvette at 55 MPH in a 65 MPH zone in the left lane. I feel like following the guy to his destination, slapping him around, and taking his car. He doesn't deserve to drive a high performance car if he can't handle it...

GET A CLUE, PEOPLE... You can drive damn near as slow as you want in the right lane....

I am with K7 and CC on this one. Way too many hotshot punkass cockknockers on Motorcycles these days. Nothing against responsible bikers, but they need to change the bumper sticker reading "Start seeing motorcycles" to "start seeing Assholes!".
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

I gotta admit I agree with you all that wayyyyyy too many kids (physically or mentally) ride crotch rockets irresponsibly. And that's one of the reasons I teach the course, is to try to do my part to get these assholes to learn safety on bikes.

It really bothers me when I see some kid pass the course, and then 3 weeks later I see him on the highway doing 120 KMs / hr in runners, shorts and a tee shirt. So often I've wanted to knock the little fucker off the bike and beat his face to a pulp!!!

I have 2 bikes, a 2005 Gold Wing and a 2002 TLR (the one in my avtar). I have taken that bike to the limit several times, but in safe, controlled environments (read race tracks). Yes, it pisses me off too to see the way some people ride these things on public highways and I didn't think about that when I made my post. All I thought about was how many times I've been cut off when riding my Wing. Jezuz, I'm 300 lbs and the bike is 850!! I also didn't think till now about how many times I've been cit off in my Jeep, or in the Bride's Monte Carlo. Same shit, blind people who don't give a fuck and shouldn't be on the road.

1.people who do not accelerate on the on ramp and try to merge with highway traffic at 35 MPH.
    2.people at a red lights who block entrances,driveways.
    3.people who just have to pass in front of you,cutting you off just so they can exit,when in fact nobody is behind you.
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

I have been on motorcycles since I was 5. I received my motorcycle permit the same day I received my license.

I started off driving a '78 Yamaha enduro 250 and then after a summer of this, upgraded to a '96 GSX-R 750.

Of course I lived in rural Saskatchewan at the time, so I had to drive 4 miles of gravel road every day going to and from town. But I did crash my dirbike enough times growing up to learn to respect bikes. I never had a problem with drivers, but again, all of my driving was in rural Saskatchewan with the odd trip to Saskatoon.

I can't wait until I get back home at the end of the month, so I can cruise in my 250 for the summer.
    Last edited by drew_goring; 05-06-2006 at 07:22 PM.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

12. Default

Three things piss me off:

1. People on mobile phones
    2. People on mobile phones
    3. People on mobile phones

If I'm cruising on a highway and there's very little traffic, I'll make a call. But when you're on city streets, you're just a hazard. Personally, I'd rather see someone ripping drunk than on their phone; at least the drunk is trying to pay attention...

---

I also hate it when people take Phenergan and Ambien and go out for late-night drives!
    (Patrick Kennedy is my representative, I've met him on several occasions, even cooked for him once)

I rode, up untill 2 years ago the 16th of this month. I was run off a canyon road while taking my sportster on a lazy Sunday ride. A large portion of my right knee is now stainless steel. Still can't walk normally, and have one or two more surgeries to completely repair all the damage. Fractured my right shoulder in several places also. Never found the asshole driving the cage.

I remember when I lived in Bramalea (Monk will understand this) I used to have to be at work 5:30 in the morning. I'd be on the 401 doing about 120 and get passed by someone trying to juggle a coffee, a muffin and the paper while driving 140+.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDVM
    I rode, up untill 2 years ago the 16th of this month. I was run off a canyon road while taking my sportster on a lazy Sunday ride. A large portion of my right knee is now stainless steel. Still can't walk normally, and have one or two more surgeries to completely repair all the damage. Fractured my right shoulder in several places also. Never found the asshole driving the cage.
    It's the fuckers on rice rockets who make it bad in many ways for all who ride.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    driving BETWEEN lanes of traffic
    Not sure of the road laws where you are, but here in CA a motorcycle can pass between cars so long as its done under 25 mph.

It's the fuckers on rice rockets who make it bad in many ways for all who ride.
    It's just plain wrong to strap that much potential speed under something with so little brain activity.

Quote Originally Posted by MCsommerreid
    Not sure of the road laws where you are, but here in CA a motorcycle can pass between cars so long as its done under 25 mph.

Not in Illinois - but it never stops 'em...

Here's a coupla more of my favs...

1) Blowing red lights on a left turn 5-10 seconds after their direction went red. Screws up traffic coming the other direction because some putz boy can't wait 2 minutes for the next light...

2) During rush hour - piling into an intersection when traffic isn't going anywhere to beat the red light - jamming the other directions because they can't get around your sorry ass.

3) Parking in a handicapped spot so you can conveniently pick up your laundry, theater tickets, carry out food, etc - without a handicapped parking permit - because you're too friggen lazy to walk an extra 100 feet or so...

4) Deciding that stop lights are a great time to break out all of your directional maps so you can intensely study them - through the entire light cycle...

5) The dumbass who rides in the left lane and then decides 500 feet before an exit he needs to cross three lanes of traffic to make it...

6) Idiots who speed up to make an on-ramp in front of you while you're trying to accelerate up to highway speed as he slams on his brakes...

7) On the same note - the dipwads who are looking for an even numbered address on the odd side of the four lane street - creeping along blocking traffic - and then deciding they passed the place and need to cross two lanes of traffic in order to get turned around - and they are totally incapable of comprehending that you can drive a short 500 feet down the road and make a right/left turn in the turn lane to safely make a turn around... And everyone else is an asshole because they're not yielding to him as he pulls an incredibly daring U-turn maneuver involving all four lanes during heavy traffic...

8) Crackheads that pull up alongside of a cop who's on a traffic stop (blocking BOTH traffic lanes) on a stretch of road that's 50 MPH, looking to get directions...

Did I win???

Thread Information