Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cigar Roach Clip.

1. Talking

Hey Basil,

Lighten up.....You've been wrong before. No?
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

I've seen some rolling papers before that had a wire built into them, so as you smoked you could grab onto the wire.
    End of line.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWidow
    I've seen some rolling papers before that had a wire built into them, so as you smoked you could grab onto the wire.
    Randy's

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson
    Hey Basil,

Basil is not wrong. Whether or not Honas can take a little ball-busting is not the issue he's talking about. Honas broke the rules by creating multiple accaounts and he indeed must answer to Hex about his infraction.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Goddamn right I've been wrong before - lots of times. I go to lengths to admit and rectify. Not saying I'm better or worse - just that I believe it's important. Some folks like to carry themselves with some measure of grace, acknowledge these kinds of efforts toward harmony, and move on while others, take a dry-gulcher's view, saving up their resentments toward life, until they can approach undetected and unexpected to attack someone's flank. If you have anything to say, then fucking say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson
    Hey Basil,

Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

bigpoppapuff Guest

here it is folks...this week's punch-out......in the red corner...basil...
    ......in the blue corner...dickson....this could be a barn-burner...i'm getting some popcorn before i get ready to throw some shit into the game....

7. Default

fucking say it!!!!

Eloquently put....Most gracious
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

You have an objective here with your sarcasm? I can tell you, eloquence is not mine. Keep knocking bro . . . your attempts at troll status might pay off.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

bigpoppapuff Guest

upon checking out dickson's profile,it seems as if he's not a kid (nor am I...and basil is as old as dirt )....it looks like he's here just for the cigar info and NOTHING more....

he's probably right...why do we fight so much??.....

uhhhhh....because it's fun!!!...

old as dirt?!?!??! You are so far ahead of me I can barely see you!!
    - Tom Robbins

bigpoppapuff Guest

yeah...me and shelby are the methusalah's of the board......and nasty old pricks.....

Basil, wtf?! Just because you have a high post count and have proved yourself amongst other members on the board doesn't mean you can pick on poor no-nuttin' Dickson!

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Basil does have a high post count of equally contributing posts or humorous ones. He is a valuable member here. So are you- IMO- GC2 and BPP. Let's not go to the next step. I like Dickson as well, although I will say he has been somewhat aggressive today. We all have had these days- so let's let it go?

"Fucking say it" is a bit strong for a newer member. If I would have used those words toward someone with more tenure, then I would have a pretty good chance of saying "goodnight" in the same sentence. Dickson has a legit place here. All others in this argument do (obviously) as well. Not trying to be the Camp David counselor here, but I honestly feel this thread should end happily!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

bigpoppapuff Guest

bullshit...we need a fist-fight....lets get it on!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by grand cru no 2
    Basil, wtf?! Just because you have a high post count and have proved yourself amongst other members on the board doesn't mean you can pick on poor no-nuttin' Dickson!
    It doesn't?!??!?!
    - Tom Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders
    Basil does have a high post count of equally contributing posts or humorous ones. He is a valuable member here. So are you- IMO- GC2 and BPP. Let's not go to the next step. I like Dickson as well, although I will say he has been somewhat aggressive today. We all have had these days- so let's let it go?

"Fucking say it" is a bit strong for a newer member. If I would have used those words toward someone with more tenure, then I would have a pretty good chance of saying "goodnight" in the same sentence. Dickson has a legit place here. All others in this argument do (obviously) as well. Not trying to be the Camp David counselor here, but I honestly feel this thread should end happily!
    It's a private issue that Dickson has implicitly and opportunistically threatened to make public (a futile, I can promise you, bark up the wrong tree) over an unrelated issue that's none of his business: my own opinion regarding the inappropriateness of drug references on this cigar board. The original poster of this thread made a slight screwup and got pinged for it - no harm. Then he re-registered under a new user name. A bigger screwup. Well, maybe he won't get canned for it, maybe he will. Then comes Dickson. Trust me, his post has drygulcher written all over it.
    - Tom Robbins

17. Smile

It seemd to me Ben had a serious question. You come off as rude and immature as well as your the voice of the site

. Hex has a handle on the site after all it is his site. He can make the decision without being swayed one way or the other. I came to this site and stayed because most are cordial and helpful. Yet, my perception of you is the opposite.

Just stating a simple observation intelligently. I generally save the swears when I'm going one on one with somebosdy in person. And, trust you me. I am capable of getting my point across without being crude and churlish.

Looking at your avatar, what is a Troll?
    ~ Mark Twain

Not trying to get in anyone's "biz". I have purposely stayed out of the last few heated posts due to either indifference or lack of influence- something many others have not done. 2 cents= I just feel that Dickson is on the offensive and aggressive when he has no reason to be. I like Dickson and would write this off as a bad day. I also believe that established members of the board shoud not get in a pissing match over this matter. I am sure someone will chime in and correct me. Anxiously awaiting...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
    End of line.

hahaha .... Looks like at 33 I'm one of the kids. Woo hoo. I'm going to funnel a beer.

Thread Information