Thread: Beads in Tupperware

Default Beads in Tupperware

Hey guys,

up until now I have had my beads in the humi-tubes that you get at heartfelt. When I purchased my larger humidor it wasn't levelling off so I added the majority of the pound of beads to it to help it level off... half were in a sack similar to what you can get from them, the other half were in a small dish. Since I intend on doubling my cigar count this weekend in Buffalo I want to ensure that the larger humi has a good configuration. In order to make it easier to move things around (and put on the bottom level) I noticed a bunch of people put their beads in a tupperware container. Do you guys leave the top on it, or punch some holes in the top, or leave the top off? I figure I will have to lower the amount of beads in the humidor as well since a lot of the free space filled with extra beads will have cigars to fill it.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

A couple ways to do things. I have my beads in tupperware, but topped off with cheese cloth. Another way to go is pantyhose, easier than cheese cloth because you don't have to tape down the cloth (just slip the tupperware to the bottom and let the elasticity of the hose do their thing, but you do have to go buy pantyhose, and well, that may just not be your bag. BPP has no problem buying hose though, so you could ask him for some of his extras. I'd be weary of slicing holes in the top just because that doesn't allow a ton of air circulation and if your hole gets too big, you've got little 1mm beads rolling in everything.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    A couple ways to do things. I have my beads in tupperware, but topped off with cheese cloth. Another way to go is pantyhose, easier than cheese cloth because you don't have to tape down the cloth (just slip the tupperware to the bottom and let the elasticity of the hose do their thing, but you do have to go buy pantyhose, and well, that may just not be your bag. BPP has no problem buying hose though, so you could ask him for some of his extras. I'd be weary of slicing holes in the top just because that doesn't allow a ton of air circulation and if your hole gets too big, you've got little 1mm beads rolling in everything.
    I keep two ~1 lb filled pantyhose in my 150 quart coolidors. I had one of them tare on me the other day. It wasn't fun beads got all over the place. I ended up just grabing another pantyhose thingie and double bagged it.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    SNIP....150 quart coolidors. ...SNIP
    Is that right?? As in more than one 150 qt coolidor??

cool, thanks guys... I think I have some pantyhose leftover from my bank robbing days . That should do the trick!

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Thread Information