Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi.. noobie here.

Default Hi.. noobie here.

So I recently am trying to pick up this hobbie. It's a great social thing esp. when you can relax with friends and talk about something or talk about nothing and have a cigar. Well my first purchase for cigars was a few months ago (an 8 pack sampler), having ZERO knowledge of what I was doing, I just decided to go for it since it was only $15. Well I'm still a noob and don't really feel I have smoked a quality cigar yet. One day, I will have enough courage to spend that $10 on the macanudo or romeo y juliet that i've heard so high of. But today, I will just play with my new $50 humidor from ebay (don't even know if it's a quality piece or not, but i like it) and my 4 cigars.

Oh yea, location: norcal for now (school), back to socal soon (home)

Welcome iluvmysh.

My opinion...don't bother with the Macanudos. Your best bet, once you get your humidor up and running, is to try the newbie sampler. That'll get you a chance to try some well cared for sticks of different types.

bigpoppapuff Guest

do NOT...EVER...buy a macanudo...friends don't let friends smoke macanudo's......there are many lower priced cigars that are much better...

try the search function...lurk and learn..........and welcome...

hmm.. i guess that's the general census about macanudo's... i can't wait to participate in the newbie sampler pack... just have to wait until funds come up some.

5. Default

Hi there...Macanoodles suck ass.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    Hi there...Macanoodles suck ass.
    Jeez Sarge. You and BPP are the same. Always holding back and never saying what you mean!!!!

Howdy from wyoming

Lemme just say you picked a GREAT place for those of us with little knowlege, reading and posting here has helped me tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraft
    Howdy from wyoming

Lemme just say you picked a GREAT place for those of us with little knowlege, reading and posting here has helped me tremendously.

definately, i've already learned a lot since i've been here (a few hours)

Welcome from another SoCal smoker!
    In spite of all evidence to the contrary, the entire universe is composed of only two basic substances: Magic and bullshit.

welcome

Welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmysh
    hmm.. i guess that's the general census about macanudo's... i can't wait to participate in the newbie sampler pack... just have to wait until funds come up some.
    It is . Welcome to the boards....

You'll have to get in line on the newbie sampler thread.... it is currently on hold . Should give you time to save up a bit.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

13. Default

Samplers are GREAT for newbies. They let you learn about what you like to smoke and what you don't like to smoke. I suggest keeping a journal, too. You're going to smoke a lot of different cigars and the names are all going to blend together.

Choose your samplers carefully. Look for names that people talk about in the forums, not just a great price. http://cigarsinternational.com has a lot of good samplers (and be sure to get the brown bag sampler)

Your local shop is another great source of "samplers". You should be able to ask the attendant for a few sticks in the $5 range, and they should be able to hook you up with a great selection. And as you start to find cigars you like, they can help you find similar cigars...

Welcome from DC. You might be better off buying on line then Cali, at least from what i keep hearing about the tax rates. What school do you go to?

Welcome from west Texas.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan
    Welcome from DC. You might be better off buying on line then Cali, at least from what i keep hearing about the tax rates. What school do you go to?
    Oh yea, out here a $5 stick is a swisher sweet!

thank you for all the warm welcomes

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan
    i'm finishing up my last quarter at UCDavis.

Major?

My ex's alma mater. You guys just went D1. More aggies.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Welcome to the site. Take off your shoes and stay awhile.

Thread Information